Problem with sending and receiving WhatsApp messages

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-24 20:30:40

SETUP:
ER7206 v1.0 [FW1.3.0]
TL-SG3428XMP v1.0 [FW1.0.11]
EAP660 HD(EU) v1.0 [FW1.1.1]
EAP610-Outdoor(EU) v1.0 [FW1.1.3]
Controller self-hosted. V5.9.31

For a long time I have had the problem that smartphones cannot send their WhatsApp message, so the clock symbol stops. Sometimes more and sometimes less the problem exists, so not always.

According to omada, the terminals are logged in as normal. If you then switch to browser in the event of an error, surfing is possible without problems. The message just doesn't get out. If you then turn off WLAN, the message goes out immediately via mobile internet. If you then turn WiFi back on, WhatsApp messages can be sent normally again until the next error occurs. I can't say when that occurs, maybe it has something to do with the roaming between the APs, I don't know. Another user in the Facebook group suspects the switch (he has a different model). He noticed that the same problem arose after a FW.

It cannot be due to the end device (various smartphones) if they are in other WLANs, e.g. from a Fritzbox, this problem does not exist.

Anyone an idea?

By the way
Can I just downgrade my switch to an old FW?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Problem with sending and receiving WhatsApp messages
2023-09-27 08:04:29

@wendland Someboade ideas ?

I think, it is a roaming problem between my indoor AP und my outdoor AP.

Options
Re:Problem with sending and receiving WhatsApp messages
2023-09-28 01:02:41

@wendland 

Did you enable fast roaming? Did you check the signal strength of this smartphone?

How did you test that the issue is caused by the roaming? Have you tried setting the DNS manually on the phone?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options