Smart Light Switches requiring batteries?

2023-05-11 19:48:58 - last edited 2024-01-04 07:49:43

Is there any ability/option to have the smart functions of these switches draw the power they require from the wires rather than requiring batteries that will need replacing?

Could you also confirm if they are able to function as normal switches without the batteries please.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Smart Light Switches requiring batteries?-Solution
2023-05-18 03:51:44 - last edited 2024-01-04 07:49:43

@El_Sayal 

Hello. The Tapo S210 and S220 are smart switches that do not require a neutral wire for installation, the switch is powered by the battery. There is no reserved connector for neutral wire, so if you don't install the battery, you can only use it as a regular dumb Switch and can't use Tapo APP for smart control.

These two products are suitable for users who do not have a neutral wire in their home circuit but want to add a smart switch to enrich their smart home line. 

There are new non-battery type Tapo Smart Switches like Tapo S500/S500D that you might be interested in, have a look! Tapo Smart Switch

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Smart Light Switches requiring batteries?-Solution
2023-05-18 03:51:44 - last edited 2024-01-04 07:49:43

@El_Sayal 

Hello. The Tapo S210 and S220 are smart switches that do not require a neutral wire for installation, the switch is powered by the battery. There is no reserved connector for neutral wire, so if you don't install the battery, you can only use it as a regular dumb Switch and can't use Tapo APP for smart control.

These two products are suitable for users who do not have a neutral wire in their home circuit but want to add a smart switch to enrich their smart home line. 

There are new non-battery type Tapo Smart Switches like Tapo S500/S500D that you might be interested in, have a look! Tapo Smart Switch

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Smart Light Switches requiring batteries?
2023-05-18 06:44:46 - last edited 2023-05-18 17:32:24

@Wayne-TP 

Hi Wayne, S500/S500D don't show on that link for me, do you know when they are going to be released?

(Which I guess is linked to my 'feature request' here !) 

Options
2023-07-07 14:15:36

@Wayne-TP 

Hi Wayne, I´m curious, is there a plan to release the Tapo S210 and S220 to the american market? currently in the USA page there is no listings of these devices, and they are the most suitable for my case and I imagine, for many more since they do not require neutral cable and rewiring in old houses or apartments for the use of a smart switch is mostly costly. 

Recently looking for alternatives I found the tapo S210 video tutorial on Youtube and imagine my surprise to see Tp-link has the device I was looking for. (at first I looked into the Kasa smart switches since I already own a Deco mesh system and many smart plugs and power strips from Tp-link, but didn't find anything until recently in the tp-link Europe page)

Options
2023-12-05 07:11:10

Tapo S210 and S220 are smart switches that do not require a neutral wire for installation, the switches are battery powered. There is no zero wire connector reserved, so if you don't install the battery, it can only be used as a normal dumb switch, and you can't use the Tapo APP for smart control.

——————————————————————————————————

STEPPERMOTOR.FR motors to meet the needs of different customers and different applications are now available Nema 17 stepper motor , Nema 23 stepper motor and more.

Options
2023-12-08 06:59:01

@DCesar 

Product launch programs are inconsistent across countries and regions, and specific sell-through programs may vary at retailers. You can try to inquire at the TP-Link Smart Home US forum, maybe they can provide a more specific answer.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 638

Replies: 5

Related Articles