my wireless CLIENTS are not connected After upgrading firmware of oc200 TP link

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-12 21:33:34 - last edited 2023-07-14 01:54:13
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.25.2 Build 20230704 Rel.64541

I'm writing to you today because I'm having some trouble with my wireless clients after upgrading the firmware on my OC200 TP-Link.

I have 8 APs and I've tried giving them new vouchers, but they only work when they're connected to the nearest AP. When they go to another area with the same SSID, the other APs don't work.

This wasn't a problem before I upgraded the firmware. Everything was working fine.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:my wireless CLIENTS are not connected After upgrading firmware of oc200 TP link-Solution
2023-07-14 01:54:03 - last edited 2023-07-14 01:54:13

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting this issue to the TP-Link community!

We greatly appreciate such detailed information you provided, I have forwarded this updated issue of OC200 to the engineer for further investigation. For now, please roll back your firmware version to the previous OC200 V5.9. I will keep you updated on any progress.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:my wireless CLIENTS are not connected After upgrading firmware of oc200 TP link-Solution
2023-08-22 01:37:17 - last edited 2023-08-22 01:37:28

Hi All,

A newer 5.12 Beta firmware has been released for trial, please follow the post link below for details.
Omada SDN Controller_V5.12.x (Updated on Aug 21st, 2023)

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:my wireless CLIENTS are not connected After upgrading firmware of oc200 TP link
2023-07-12 23:29:27
The same thing happens to me, all my clients put them on the LAN and the voucher doesn't work. To solve the problem, I have to open the network so as not to have complaints from the clients.
Options
Re:my wireless CLIENTS are not connected After upgrading firmware of oc200 TP link
2023-07-13 10:01:03

Hello  @yousuf42000,

Thanks for reporting this issue to our community. May I confirm some information below:

1. What is the overall network topology of your current setup when encountering this issue?

2. Could you please provide information about your current SSID and Portal configurations?

If possible, sharing some configuration screenshots would be more helpful and intuitive.

3. What is the behavior of the client that is unable to connect to the Voucher SSID at the moment?

Is the client unable to obtain an IP address? Or is it unable to connect to the SSID? 

Alternatively, does the client need to reconnect to the SSID and re-enter the Voucher Code to resolve the problem?

4. Could you please confirm if the problem only occurred after the upgrade period? Also, let me know if the client can automatically regain internet access without any manual intervention or actions being taken.

Options
2023-07-14 01:54:03 - last edited 2023-07-14 01:54:13

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting this issue to the TP-Link community!

We greatly appreciate such detailed information you provided, I have forwarded this updated issue of OC200 to the engineer for further investigation. For now, please roll back your firmware version to the previous OC200 V5.9. I will keep you updated on any progress.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-08-22 01:37:17 - last edited 2023-08-22 01:37:28

Hi All,

A newer 5.12 Beta firmware has been released for trial, please follow the post link below for details.
Omada SDN Controller_V5.12.x (Updated on Aug 21st, 2023)

Recommended Solution
Options