Modem not working with Starlink

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-12 22:55:06 - last edited 2023-07-13 07:41:06
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

My archer vr400 factory reset itself and now when i try to login to configure the tplink modem page says 'you are connected to starlink' and will not let me go any further.

Am not getting the network light on the modem either, starlink has been tested and is working.

Anyone know why it is doing this and how to get around it?  Also, best config settings when I can get in to it.

Everything was working fine until it reset.

Just incase it is relevant, starlink is set up in shed ptpd to house, set up is as follows:

- starlink to poe to ptp nano

- ptp nano to poe to tp link

Cheers

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Modem not working with Starlink-Solution
2023-07-13 04:32:48 - last edited 2023-07-13 07:41:06

@Sunshine thanks for your response, i did eventually get it working, starlink was blocking the IP setup page which was creating the drama.  I just had to be very quick to adjust the settings. 🤦‍♀️

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Modem not working with Starlink
2023-07-13 02:34:28

@Chloe_S_89 

Hi, you were using Wireless Router mode on the Archer VR400, right?

After it is reset to factory defaults, it is on DSL modem router mode by default, please disconnect it from your starlink network first, then refer to How to configure the AC VDSL/ADSL Modem Router as a regular wireless router to change it back to wireless router mode.

After that, please refer to How to Connect and Set up a TP-Link Router (or Third-party Router) to Starlink Internet  to connect it and set it up to see if everything works fine.

Options
Re:Modem not working with Starlink-Solution
2023-07-13 04:32:48 - last edited 2023-07-13 07:41:06

@Sunshine thanks for your response, i did eventually get it working, starlink was blocking the IP setup page which was creating the drama.  I just had to be very quick to adjust the settings. 🤦‍♀️

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-07-13 07:41:01

@Chloe_S_89 

Thanks a lot for the update, glad to hear that you've already solved the problem!

Options
2023-07-17 16:52:50

@Chloe_S_89 Try power cycling all devices, checking physical connections, performing another factory reset, and connecting a computer directly to the modem. If the issue persists, contact TP-Link support. For optimal configuration settings, set a strong Wi-Fi password, change default login credentials, enable WPA2-PSK security, adjust wireless channel for less interference, and consider MAC address filtering. Customize settings based on your needs and connected devices.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 359

Replies: 4

Related Articles