Solution to ER605 V2 2.2.0 Firmware Frequently Disconnects From Omada Controller V5.9 [Case Closed]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Solution to ER605 V2 2.2.0 Firmware Frequently Disconnects From Omada Controller V5.9 [Case Closed]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-13 07:23:03 - last edited 2023-11-17 03:17:27
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.0 Build 20230629

This Article Applies to: Omada Controller V5.9 and ER605 v2_2.1.3_20230616(Beta) or ER605_V2_2.2.0 Build 20230629

Issue Description/Phenomenon:

The ER605 is managed by Controller v5.9 and after upgrading the ER605 to firmware 2.1.3_20230616(Beta) or 2.2.0 Build 20230629 official release, the router is disconnected from the controller. But the router itself functions normally and can access the Internet. A reboot of the router restores it to "Connected" but it disconnects several hours later.

Related Post:

ER605 V2 after Upgrade to 2.1.3 shows DISCONNECTED
     ER605 frequently disconnects from OC200 after upgrading to firmware 2.2.0

Available Solution:

We are putting this matter at the highest priority, our team is actively investigating this matter to identify and resolve the underlying cause as quickly as possible. At present, we suspect the issue could be related to the Controller version due to the compatibility. If you happen to suffer from the issue described above, you may try the following suggestion to address the issue temporarily:

Please roll back your firmware version to the previous ER605(UN)_V2_2.1.2 Build 20230210.

Update on July 21st 2023:

Thank you for your great patience while we were working on the issues.

The disconnected issue has been fixed, and a new Beta firmware is released for trial now.

ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230720 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on July 21st, 2023)

Please take your time to install the above firmware and confirm the issue is resolved for you.

If the issue persists, please comment below or reach out to our dedicated support team with the following information:

• The Controller version and firmware with the build.
  • The ER605 V2 current firmware version with the build and its previous firmware version with the build.

If this was helpful, welcome to give us Kudos by clicking the upward triangle below.

If there is anything unclear in this solution post, please feel free to comment below.

To submit a new different issue, please Start a New Thread for better assistance.

Thank you for your support and contribution to TP-Link Community!

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
9 Reply
Re:Solution to ER605 V2 2.2.0 Firmware Frequently Disconnects From Omada Controller V5.9
2023-07-15 14:12:46 - last edited 2023-07-15 14:23:13

@Clive_A 

I have been trying to get my ER605 to stay connected for the past few weeks, when I first installed my ER605 everything seemed normal and stayed connected and it was only after updating the firmware offered within omada that I noticed this connection drama, this is widespread and a very serious issue for the whole omada product line, I have seen people sending their units back, calling the whole line up junk and I am tending to think they could be right, how could these serious issues in the firmware that voids the whole purpose of the product,  "centralised management", even get into the hands of the end user.

Here are my findings in the past few days.

I am attempting to roll the omada system onto a clients site and lukilly before I make myself look like an idiot, thought I would run a test setup in my workshop.

So I had 2 x ER605's in my possession.

One for me and one for my client.

I didnt even check the firmware version on mine before taking all the upgrades offered by the controller, I wished I had, but I am assuming both routers shipped with the same firmware version because I ordered them pretty close together a few weeks ago.

The other night I "forgot" my original router as it just would not stay connected for more than 2 hours, and opened up the other virgin unit.

It had firmware version 2.0.0 on it so I am presuming thats where I started with the original router when there didn't seem to be any disconnection issues.

These are Version 2.0 hardware.

I adopted the virgin router on 2.0.0 and it stayed connected for over 2 days, I purposely did not update it.

I thought ok now I will take firmware 2.1.2 seeing as it has stabilised, I notice firmware 2.2.0 which was available last week seems to have been pulled and no longer offered so it must be screwed.

As soon as I went to 2.1.2, the connection problems are back again. So I am not sure that this advice of rolling back to 2.1.2 is a good idea.

My controller hardware is OC200 V1.0

Firmware V5.9.32

I am going to suggest people rolling back to 2.0.0 and perhaps give some feedback here.

I might do some testing on 2.0.1 and so on, but why am I having to do this, it is tedious because it has to be done outside of omada before adoption, it whoud be nice to roll to any version of firmware within the management software.

I question the whole centralised management thing to be honest, even more so when devices cannot even be managed because they fall off the system.

Why is this testing not done in the TPL laboratories by the engineers, surely they couldn't miss such a substantial issue.

Can anyone explain why some people get a support ticket raised for their issue and others do not.

I have been trying to contribute as much info as possible on this issue but nobody has offered a support ticket to me.... I am utterly disappointed and frustrated with TPL and the omada line to say the least.

I can see its potential, I want to like it, I want to use it but TPL seems to be its own worst enemy, pull it together TPL and pull it together FAST.

Cheers Tri.

Options
Re:Solution to ER605 V2 2.2.0 Firmware Frequently Disconnects From Omada Controller V5.9
2023-07-15 14:53:16 - last edited 2023-07-15 14:54:10

@Tripod64 

yes, thats exactly the way it is.

But honestly, do You think, someone will read or react on this? Since over 1 year its the same banana qm battle on customers, but well - there is no price alternative for a centralized system, they know it, so nothing will happen as fast as you would like it to happen. 

Can you live with that? yes

Do you have to live with that? only you can know ;-)

Options
2023-07-15 16:23:47 - last edited 2023-07-15 16:24:27

@kogan 

Oh don't worry, I am really not expecting any reaction at all, but I want to voice my opinion, as others have.

People who are looking for help will read and realise there is not really any help here at all and they have done their money.

Most of the interesting help I have read here is from other users not TPL engineers trying to assist, its like the blind leading the blind, we are all wandering around in this forum like zombies and don't know which way to run or what firmware we should use because TPL don't know either.

I can see that from the firmware that has been pulled from the offerings on the router and the controller just in the last week.

I really did not realise the lack of customer care from TPL myself until hitting this forum just over a week ago, it is appauling.

Their sales will drop off quicker than they can spell the word support, the global market is actually a very small place these days and people very quickly find out when a product is failing, bad news travels very fast.

Anyhow Kogan, thankyou for your response at least.

We will now resume our zombiefied navigation around this forum looking for some answers from other users.....

Cheers Tri.

Options
2023-07-15 16:42:43

@Tripod64 

Hey M8

just to clarify - I am not satisfied with the way it is going about QM, ending in fails like broken updates, firmwares etc.

But  am actually their partner and standing really close to technical department, and through it to developers. Guys are doing their best. Sometimes their fix or develop a solution, others would never do.

I am also talking very often about the QM. TPL got much better this year. Official statement is: TPL tried to implement as much features as possible in very short time, so QM was really left behind. 2023 they just try to stabilize a very good product, Omada, and slow down feature development to force QM (quality management)

in the meantime I can say, 99% of my customers got strong stability, until those unnecessary bad updates. I just suggest, if TPL pushes out some update, just wait at least 1 or 2 weeks to install them. Otherwise you run into never ending problems ;-)

Options
2023-07-15 17:01:25 - last edited 2023-07-15 17:03:45

@kogan 

OK very good Kogan.

So if that is the case what versions of firmwares can you advise that you say we're stable?

This would save me a load of waffling around trying different firmwares.

Cheers Tri.

Options
2023-07-17 08:35:45

@Tripod64 

Come on Kogan,

I am still waiting for you to tell us all what firmware versions that 99% of your customers are running that makes the omada system stable, you must know the answer to this question, please advise, there are many zombies here looking for this answer....

I and many others here will be very happy to forget, disconnect, downgrade, re-adopt and reconnect all of our equipment and start again.

Please give us the versions you feel,  as a close associate with the devoloper, are at least stable.

Tri.

Options
2023-07-17 11:11:25 - last edited 2023-07-17 11:13:00

@Tripod64 

this firmware here is stable with no disconnection issues

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/596128

edit; reboot firewall so it connects, then use the upgrade firmware option and upload the firmware from the link above. No need to readopt or anything

Options
2023-07-17 11:37:04

@Max101 

Thankyou Max101, much appreciated.

At least somebody here can give me an answer, I thought Kogan could have answered this for me pretty easily going by his development association with TPL and 99% customer stability or a TPL techie thats in the know but they are all silent now.... this seems to be standard TPL support practise when things get too hard.

I have just downgraded to 2.0.1 just over 3 hours ago and the logs are quiet, not one connect or disconnect as yet.

I will keep stepping through the versions and report my findings.

Thanks again 

Cheers Tri.

Options
2023-07-18 05:57:09

@Tripod64 

Some people do have privat life and a work. Just be thankful getting some answers on weekends and learn to be patient, at the end patience will win.

you can install all the firmwares, but newest Omada Controller (5.9.31/32 are stable). As for ER605 V2 take max. V1.2.1 , its stable as well.

best wishes

Alex

Options