M4 - SSID settings lost

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M4 - SSID settings lost

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
M4 - SSID settings lost
M4 - SSID settings lost
2023-07-17 13:04:14 - last edited 2023-07-17 13:06:34
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

This morning in the Deco app, I noticed I could not reset the Deco's.
When I reset the Deco's manually, I started the app and my network and guest-network settings were gone.
Is there a way to retrieve these?
Otherwise I have to set up a new network and guest-network and reconnect all devices to the new (guest)network

Options
4 Reply
Re:M4 - SSID settings lost
2023-07-18 03:39:35

@a-floor 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Would there be any error message if you try to edit any wireless settings under Deco APP>Wi-Fi settings? Can I have some pictures or video clips?

Have you tried to delete the Deco APP and install it again to see what happened?

If still, nothing changed, please also help me submit the Deco APP log per the link:

How to submit Deco APP log

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-07-19 07:34:13

@David-TP 
Thank you for the reply. I was not able to change anything in the app because when I logged in, it started directly with the set up menu. Same as when you first install the Deco.

It seemed all settings were lost and I had to install everything from zero.

I did not delete and re-install the app as to me it felt that this would not help because the app itself worked well.

Perhaps a little more info: I noticed one device was not connected to the internet so I connected the device to the guest network. 

Few minutes later I got a message from the same device that the connection was lost
When I checked the app, it gave a pop up. Not sure what it mentioned but the app was not able to save or reset. 

I reset the deco's manually with the reset button and when I checked the app, all settings were gone.

When re-installing, I noticed that I could not use certain characters for the password anymore.
Has nothing to do with it probably but it could mean my old password did not work anymore?

Options
2023-07-19 09:17:00

@a-floor 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

For the previous issue, it is suggested to have a look at this link:

Paint Your Home in Wi-Fi/ Let's begin on the Deco APP

Since you have reset it and set M4 again, I believe this time you are able to view and edit Deco settings on the APP now.

As for the password, I did see the latest Deco APP limits the use of blank space as the password.

Deco M4 does not allow WiFi password with blank spaces

Best regards.

Options
2023-07-19 10:31:09

@David-TP 

Thanks and I checked the link.

For the reasons:
1) the ID is my email address so this was ok
2) pretty sure I did not delete the network when I logged in to the app. I tried to change the setting in the guest network to 2.4 GHz but this did not work and I closed the app. 
3) I did change the password when I tried to log in to the app as I forgot it but when I logged in, the network was still there (see point 2)

Solution:
1) done

2) done
2.1) this did not work as when I logged in, the app mentioned: "Paint Your Home in Wi-Fi and let's begin"

2.2) see point 2.1

As I set up the network again, it is working now and yes, I can change settings but still strange that just like that the whole network was gone and I had to reset it.
Is there no option to store the settings and to restore the settings from the app when something like this happens?
Something like a back-up?

And for the characters, I do not know of the space but I could not use the characters # and %

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 189

Replies: 4

Related Articles