ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230727 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on Aug 2nd, 2023)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230727 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on Aug 2nd, 2023)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
134 Reply
Re:ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230727 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on Aug 2nd, 2023)
2023-08-02 07:20:56

Hi @ceejaybassist 

If you run into any issues with this firmware, please export your running log and back up the config. @ me and I'll follow up on your issue.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230727 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on Aug 2nd, 2023)
2023-08-02 21:34:05 - last edited 2023-08-04 02:18:15

@Hank21 Hi mate, looks like the QOS->bandwidth control in the transmission section never works. I had plenty of configurations added for all classes of traffic, but everything goes into others buckets/queues. No traffic is seen with classification of class 1/2/3 even after configuring various services and assigning classes to them. Only thing that works is VOIP port 4500 which is shown in the voip classification. Is there anything that I am missing?

File:
Archive.zipDownload
Options
2023-08-04 01:30:13

For anyone following the thread (an no not you TP Link Support).

TP Link created a support ticket for me, I sent them what they wanted and explained the issues only for them to come back and say "our engineer rejected your case" and then they went on to gaslight me saying maybe if you had explained essentially how I got to replicating these issues (WHICH IS WHAT I DID).  And for the record I never ASKED for a Support Ticket......  a forum is for feedback on your firmware!  You only do that when you don't like when people arn't saying what TP Link wants!  Quick get him off the forums....

Look it's pretty clear basic things which have not been fixed will not be fixed.  And until TP Link perhaps sacks x engineers and stops covering for them who are not moving the firmware forward in a stable and ontime manner none of these products will improve.  I would not deem the ER605 a Business Router now, it lacks alot of features that are properly built into standard home routers.  VPN is not special and adding the word VPN does not make it BETTER.  VPN has made its way into alot of home routers now as well.

I had an ASUS AX3000 before this, it had random kernal panics and wasn't stable......... but feature wise it walked all over this ER605.  It had proper adaptive bandwidth control and QoS.  So when it was running it was I would say PERFECT in terms of managing traffic.

I regret investing money into realistically stuff not fit for purpose.  The Omada great idea, not excuted properly.  The ER605.....  yeah.  The wireless stuff GREAT....  EAP610/615 etc....... no issues.

But you can't have one without the other if you want it seemless.......  and the point of origin being Omada and Routers.......  is the point of failure for me.  Omada is great to roll out one config for all......... but only if it functions as the INTENDED IDEA which it has continously fallen short on and still has not caught up.  Your team is focusing on adding all these extra things....  before fixing the basic things that need FIXING.

Gaslighting me to cover for your lazy/rude engineer is where I draw the line. Again I never asked for support.  

So again in summary:

ER605/OC200 - Firmware....S! 

1.  Slow to boot.  I timed it just under 5 minutes if you do a reboot!  Takes longer if it messes up!  TAKES FOREVER to get back online.

2.  Adding/Editing/Removing Port Forwards (Cuts Internet within 60 seconds)......  Go sit in a online game, make a change watch it disconnect.

3.  Bandwidth Control - sometimes it works, sometimes not depends on firmware.......  can cause random reboots....  and again not consistent.  

4.  QoS.  Look how it works on other devices, Windows etc.  It's a minimum reserve guarantee, not something you divide up and limit into four segments.  On that note also I don't think their packet flagging words...... as in EF etc.

5.  Random reboots.......  various firmwares.  or you make a change when applied causes it to randomly reboot.

6.  The Static IP lack of custom DNS......... more of a feature but again claiming to be BUSINESS.  Look at Windows Server DHCP (Business).

7.  Lack of information for logs when firewall detects issues (which they are working on).

8.  LAG.......  Really this should be my number one issue.  I wouldn't even use the term latency in a sense.....  I feel like the stateful packet inspection on the ER605 causes CPU TIME type lag on the device.  An example is Apex Legends and online games that expose the issue when the router is doing ANYTHING else but that one thing.  

Don't get me wrong the router is fast in terms of if you do a speed test etc.  But yeah.  We had that adopting loop and the configuring getting stuck having to wipe it and reset it up.....

On my end I also don't use the 192.168.x.x, I use a 172.16.x.x type scope which on initial setup is annoying as you have to edit the base device to change it so it can even be adopted....

So either way I am done adding my input.  I am likely doing to remove the TP Link gear and go back to an ASUS and just buy a bigger model of the previous one I had.  We'll see.  I'm frustrated daily running under the ER605 having to adjust everything I can on the network and services just to MANAGE ITS FAILURE to manage the bandwidth.

I've gone as far as to thinking maybe I'll just up the net speed to combat it's failure to control it.....  We have limits on systems and everything.....  because it's just no good.

If anyone can be bothered ........  test adding/removing port forwards see if your net drops....... and report back since TP Link calls BS on that.....  "Business Router"..... lol RIGHT

Options
2023-08-04 07:26:18

Hi @MrHC1983 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

This "rejected" means the case was assigned back due to this case's lack of replicate methodology - how do you replicate these issues and how do you determine and monitor them and give a conclusion that it fails to perform its job?

Our senior support member will follow up on your case.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-05 12:53:59 - last edited 2023-08-05 12:54:35

Confirmed that this firmware doesn't fix the random reboot issue.

I just bought a ER605 v2 two days ago. Connected the cables then fired it up and everything worked. The firmware came with it was from last year so I just updated it to 2.1.2. 

I work from home so I didn't mind paying a little more for something stable or business grade when I only need a basic router. I didn't really change any settings beside setting a few static IP and port forwarding. It random rebooted on me like 4 times in two days. It takes 5 minutes to reboot and like 10 15 min to get back online. This thing is going back to Amazon...

Options
2023-08-07 18:29:51

Will there be a version of this for V1 hardware?

Options
2023-08-08 08:22:49

Hi everyone !

I changed my ER605 v1 for a v2 and tha's so horrible... The mDNS function don't working anymore in the v2 but it works on v1...

I need mDNS function for my Google's smart devices. I tried the 2.1.4 beta firmware, but no mDNS service actually working. I'm going back to the 2.1.2 firmware and it's the same.

The boot time of the ER605 v2 is just insane like I see on the others posts.. The router tooks 15 minutes to get online with the official AND beta firmware, it's not normal for BUSINNES CLASS router...

I think firmware needs some serious improvments. If I can help with my logs, I'm enjoy to share with the community.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm French :D 

Options
2023-08-08 08:54:19

Hi @jwaltrip 

V1 is regarded as EOL: TP-Link End of Life Products

Options
2023-08-08 08:55:31

Hi @DNA1010 

If you have not returned it yet, please export your files for me and I'll help you escalate it.

Make sure you reply to my message and @ me so I can be informed and follow it up timely.

Options
2023-08-08 08:58:57

Hi @ElMajor76 

Do you have any URL filter rules? Do you use Omada Controller?

How do you set up your mDNS? Are you certain that your mDNS rules are correct? Do you manually set your ER605 up again and there is an issue with it?

Options