ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230727 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on Aug 2nd, 2023)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230727 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on Aug 2nd, 2023)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
134 Reply
Re:ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230727 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on Aug 2nd, 2023)
2023-08-30 10:46:18

@Tedd404  It's not enabled. That's why I didn't understand. 

Tedd404 wrote

@DNA1010 

DNA1010 wrote

I need that too. I didn't know what to say when @Clive_A said the router is using both port 80 and 443. It just doesn't make sense.

ElMajor76 wrote

I need the port 80 to generate my certificate via Let's Encrypt and the port 443 is to established a secure connection via HTTPS to my self hosted services. 

what i understand him is that he is trying to say that you cannot use a port that has already been taken. if you enable remote management, the 80 and 443 are enabled for remote access. you can port forward 80 and 443 to a local service, but this is based on the precondition that 80 and 443 are not enabled by "remote management".

do you know this feature? is it enabled? if enabled, you type in the ip in the address bar and you access your router's web page by your public ip. 80 and 443 are used by default.

Options
Re:ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230727 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on Aug 2nd, 2023)
2023-08-30 10:49:19 - last edited 2023-08-30 12:08:18

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is somethng in the settings I need to change to get host resolver working?

Options
2023-08-31 10:13:35

Seems SpeedTest options are now totally gone in 2.1.4 (and the pulled 2.2)?

Options
2023-08-31 14:28:57

@Hank21 I would say "what a beautiful catastrophe" however it was time consuming (about 5h) and a kind of disaster for the local network but... starting from beginning.

I have decided to use USB modem connection as network backup. I used this feature about a year ago with ER605 V2 and it works fine. So, soon after I have noticed it is no go with 2.1.2 firmware (please check here: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/600074?sortDir=ASC&page=1) I moved to 2.1.4 Beta... and after long hours of going back and forward I have reinstalled 2.1.2, manually restored (one-by-one) all network from scratch (see below why). I hoped that backup (I've made) will be helpfull but no - no way to restore settings from there as well.

Problems after upgrade to 2.1.4:

- lost password - could not use the password I used in 2.1.2;

- reset to default, new password but this time any save/change made which required reboot leads to "lost password" issue

- started again, no changes to network settings but no much time to work with GUI - randomly from 5 to 15 seconds web inteface used to say "session time out"

- after several attempts I was finally lucky (for few minutes) to dowload backup from 2.1.2 and restore settings - but no luck, "lost password" again

- reset to default, new password, quick log into web-interface and change to 2.1.2 - good

- no good: upload saved backup from the same version - but no luck, "lost password" again

- reset again, new password again and with clean 2.1.2 one-by-one changing network settings back to the morning setup - 2.1.2 no issues with "lost password"

And yes, I have cleared all cookies each time I used new / old version, different webbrowsers etc.

Well, I will wait for new firmware "stable" version however it will be good to have all features which are available with this router.

And the last thing - after all this adventures I reminded myself that one year ago I have (most likely) used stand-alone controller (local docker) and this is why it probably worked well. Will try again one day - right now have to chillout :)

P.

Options
2023-09-01 03:38:18 - last edited 2023-09-01 03:38:52

Hi @flips01 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

flips01 wrote

Seems SpeedTest options are now totally gone in 2.1.4 (and the pulled 2.2)?

Correct. We don't plan to maintain it anymore. And gradually removed from several updates.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-01 07:43:31 - last edited 2023-09-01 07:54:31

Hi @pkordolian 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

pkordolian wrote

@Hank21 I would say "what a beautiful catastrophe" however it was time consuming (about 5h) and a kind of disaster for the local network but... starting from beginning.

I have decided to use USB modem connection as network backup. I used this feature about a year ago with ER605 V2 and it works fine. So, soon after I have noticed it is no go with 2.1.2 firmware (please check here: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/600074?sortDir=ASC&page=1) I moved to 2.1.4 Beta... and after long hours of going back and forward I have reinstalled 2.1.2, manually restored (one-by-one) all network from scratch (see below why). I hoped that backup (I've made) will be helpfull but no - no way to restore settings from there as well.

Problems after upgrade to 2.1.4:

- lost password - could not use the password I used in 2.1.2;

- reset to default, new password but this time any save/change made which required reboot leads to "lost password" issue

- started again, no changes to network settings but no much time to work with GUI - randomly from 5 to 15 seconds web inteface used to say "session time out"

- after several attempts I was finally lucky (for few minutes) to dowload backup from 2.1.2 and restore settings - but no luck, "lost password" again

- reset to default, new password, quick log into web-interface and change to 2.1.2 - good

- no good: upload saved backup from the same version - but no luck, "lost password" again

- reset again, new password again and with clean 2.1.2 one-by-one changing network settings back to the morning setup - 2.1.2 no issues with "lost password"

And yes, I have cleared all cookies each time I used new / old version, different webbrowsers etc.

Well, I will wait for new firmware "stable" version however it will be good to have all features which are available with this router.

And the last thing - after all this adventures I reminded myself that one year ago I have (most likely) used stand-alone controller (local docker) and this is why it probably worked well. Will try again one day - right now have to chillout :)

P.

Since Hank's job focuses on Controller and wireless, he is not gonna respond. So, if you have any questions,  @ me for router and switch issues if I am not on vacation.

So, to make it clear.

1. Lost password. Firmware improved the security.

Upgrading the old version of firmware to the latest version prompts a username and password error because the new version fixes a replay attack vulnerability and updates the verification mechanism during login (adding a timestamp, which is equivalent to a change in the encrypted content of each login password). However, due to the browser cache, the password will still be verified using the old encryption mode before the upgrade, resulting in login failure. Clearing the browser cache and relaunching your browser can fix this problem.

2. Session timeout. See this. The page may age.

3. So, this is because of the Italic paragraph in 1. So that's the cause. Read that part.

pkordolian wrote

The new verification mechanism is not the same as the old one.

And I did not reproduce this. I restored the backup from 2.1.2 and downgrade from  2.1.4 beta. Don't see any error about the password. It only happens when I updated from 2.1.2 to 2.1.4 beta and after clearing the cache and rebooting the browser, the issue is gone.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-03 12:38:40 - last edited 2023-09-03 12:55:31

** EDIT **

Nevermind, it appears to be working suddenly.  I'll post back if anything changes.

@Clive_A 

NAT Loopback (Hairpinning) is no longer working for me with ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230727 Beta Firmware.  (using Omada Controller 5.12.6)

From inside my LAN, I can not access any of my NAT port forwarded servers using my External IP address.  The only thing I can access is my router's login page at EXT-IP:80.

Can you verify on your end?  Let me know if you need anything from me to help fix this.

Thanks,

JG

Options
2023-09-03 14:19:33

Hi  @Clive_A  and thank you for answering!

I guess the problem is not only the web browser (cache cookies etc) - as I have already mentioned in my post I did cleared all and also used another browser (old habit) for new version of firmware. Anyway, Beta was not for me this time. And since  it is not working right from the box, let me aks what you think about below mentioned procedure ((beside old habits I'm also old fashion one) for a such firmware upgrade. Your comments and suggestions are most welcome as Beta will become soon the new version and it will be good to move forward (and secure more complicated networks)

1. Backup old version

2. Upgrade to new firmware

3. Log-in to new firmware and in case it is not possible (password issue) reset to default and start with new password

4. Change web idle settings

5. Upload backup (I hope it is still possible otherwise why should we do backup :))

6. Reboot (if not already rebooted few times)

Done

I have to mention that the main reason for me to go to new firmware was a problem with USB network. And since neither 2.1.2 nor new Beta could make it I've deployed Omada software locally (docker) and setup networks with no issue.

Once again thank you for reply!

Best regards P.

Options
2023-09-04 05:17:26

@Hank21 

Great week for everyone!
I'm using the Beta firmware and noticed something really annoying here.
I blocked a MAC that I wasn't recognizing yesterday. Today I noticed that my wife was trying to access her computer and she couldn't. The problem was the block I performed.
I undo the blocking and she manages to authenticate on the network, but does not get internet like the others. What is that?

As I'm in a bit of a hurry to fix this, also due to the urgency that she needs to use the PC, I'm returning to the release version. This did not happen in the previous version.

The tricky part is that it establishes the connection now but fails to assign an IP. VERY crazy that, friends.

Options
2023-09-04 05:46:10

@Artur.Aragao 

Good!

I solved the problem by returning to version 2.1.2.
Now my wife's computer has returned to communicate correctly.

Please fix this problem in beta firmware 2.1.4. I was satisfied with the use, as the processing seems to be much less in this version. It only impacted when I blocked the MAC and then unlocked it, not making the configuration effective.

Much obliged.

Options