It takes 10mins to configure ER7206 when I change settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-03 00:55:20 - last edited 2023-08-03 09:10:58
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

I am having issues with my ER7206. 

At the moment it takes around 10minutes to configure after rebooting. If I make any changes in Omada, it can make the whole gateway go down and the internet will stop.

Its doing it in firmware 1.3.0 and I tried 1.3.1 and its still happening

I am using Omada 5.9.31

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:It takes 10mins to configure ER7206 when I change settings-Solution
2023-08-03 06:02:53 - last edited 2023-08-03 09:10:58
Nope. I think one of the rules has about 4 ports. But none have a IP or port range. I was looking at my URL Filters and wondered if there something wrong here. In older version, it seemed like using an * to deny all other URLs was ok. But I noticed that now for gateway you need to use a . and you can only have one of these in the list and it has to be the last one. I tweaked the rules to work to this limitation and removed the * rules from the list. So far its been ok, haven't restarted yet. Could I be onto something?
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-08-03 06:24:30 - last edited 2023-08-03 09:11:47
At most ill use something like 192.168.1.0/24. And I have no port ranges, i specify specific port numbers only. I rebooted and it only took 3mins to start this time. So that might be it.
Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:It takes 10mins to configure ER7206 when I change settings
2023-08-03 03:36:52

Hi @Utmstgsn 

Thanks for posting in our business forum. Are there too many configs on your router? It does not seem to be a firmware issue at all. In our lab test, without any configs, the router boots up around 2-3 minutes and complete its bootup within 5 minutes.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-03 03:41:03
Define too many? I do have several VLANs and firewall rules but I wouldn't say it's too much imo.
Options
2023-08-03 03:47:14

Hi @Utmstgsn 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Can you list the number of created rules? IP Group and Bandwidth Control. Without anything, 7206 boots up around 2-3 minutes. 2-3 VLAN interfaces and 2-3 ACLs, around 5 or less.

Someone in our team imported a backup from the customer and it booted 20 minutes due to tons of IP Groups and rules.

I am trying to say that if you have config, more and more rules added to it later on, then bootup time will take longer. Kinda normal.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-03 04:29:36 - last edited 2023-08-03 04:30:35

Is this too much?

1 x Time Range

23 x Groups

2 x Rate Limits

1 x PPSK

12 x Gateway ACL rules

Options
2023-08-03 05:58:59 - last edited 2023-08-03 06:00:26

Hi @Utmstgsn 

Do you have any IP-Port group that contains all subnets or all ports? This kind of rule is actually creating tons of rules in the background.

About your "If I make any changes in Omada, it can make the whole gateway go down and the internet will stop.", can you give some details on this? Can you use ping to verify that the access to the Internet is down?

Options
2023-08-03 06:02:53 - last edited 2023-08-03 09:10:58
Nope. I think one of the rules has about 4 ports. But none have a IP or port range. I was looking at my URL Filters and wondered if there something wrong here. In older version, it seemed like using an * to deny all other URLs was ok. But I noticed that now for gateway you need to use a . and you can only have one of these in the list and it has to be the last one. I tweaked the rules to work to this limitation and removed the * rules from the list. So far its been ok, haven't restarted yet. Could I be onto something?
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-08-03 06:16:37

Hi @Utmstgsn 

Not a single rule of IP or IP-Port Group contains 0-65535 nor 0.0.0.0/0. Correct?

Since you mentioned that * and . changes, can you reboot it for a test?

Options
2023-08-03 06:24:30 - last edited 2023-08-03 09:11:47
At most ill use something like 192.168.1.0/24. And I have no port ranges, i specify specific port numbers only. I rebooted and it only took 3mins to start this time. So that might be it.
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-08-03 06:24:31 - last edited 2023-08-03 09:11:26
Options
2023-08-03 06:43:36

Hi @Utmstgsn 

That could be it. Thanks for the feedback. I have now brought this issue to the engineer and dev team for further checking.

About your network problem, does it get fixed as well after this URL filter changes?

Options