How to access my account in my new phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-08 01:11:37 - last edited 2024-02-06 08:49:05
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just want to seek expert's advice on my issue with my account.

I just bought a new phone and logged in to my Tapo app, after logging in, there were no cameras registered or installed. 

How can I retrieve the data in my account to my new phone?

Thanks!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to access my account in my new phone-Solution
2023-08-08 07:08:46 - last edited 2024-02-06 08:49:05

@Gabs888 

Hi,
From your description, it seems you have logged in to the Tapo app on your new phone with a new TP-Link ID, but your camera is bound to an old TP-Link ID.

If you still remember the old TP-Link ID, log in to the Tapo app on your new phone with that one, and then you can manage your Tapo Camera.

If you can't find the old TP-Link ID, you can try to reset the camera to factory default settings and then reconfigure it on your new phone to bind it to the new TP-Link ID.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:How to access my account in my new phone-Solution
2023-08-08 07:08:46 - last edited 2024-02-06 08:49:05

@Gabs888 

Hi,
From your description, it seems you have logged in to the Tapo app on your new phone with a new TP-Link ID, but your camera is bound to an old TP-Link ID.

If you still remember the old TP-Link ID, log in to the Tapo app on your new phone with that one, and then you can manage your Tapo Camera.

If you can't find the old TP-Link ID, you can try to reset the camera to factory default settings and then reconfigure it on your new phone to bind it to the new TP-Link ID.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How to access my account in my new phone
2023-08-08 08:02:07
Thank you! You made me realized that I used another account for my Tapo App. Appreciate you, Solla-topee! Thanks again!
Options
Re:How to access my account in my new phone
2023-08-08 11:52:13

@Gabs888 You are welcome!smiley

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 407

Replies: 3

Related Articles