URGENT: Port Forwarding RANGE issue!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-30 11:14:38 - last edited 2023-09-05 06:35:38
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20230322 Rel.70951

Product Category:
Business
Omada Cloud SDN (Routers)

Model Number:
ER7206

Hardware Version:
V1

Firmware Version:
1.3.0 Build 20230322 Rel.7095

Internet Service Provider(ISP):
Transworld Home

Subject:
Port Forwarding RANGE issue

Detailed Description of the Problem:
I recently bought this router.
I have three servers on LAN where I want to forward ports as TCP/UDP in Transmission > Nat > Virtual Servers:

Server1:
External: 1-1000 Internal: 1-1000
Server2:
External: 1001-2000 Internal: 1-1000
Server3:
External: 2001-3000 Internal: 1-1000

These settings work for Server1 for but not for other servers.
I have ports listening on all servers and it works for both servers if I do one port at a time like:

Server2:
External: 1022 Internal: 22
Server3:
External: 2022 Internal: 22

But doesn't work in range.
So I think it's the problem in the router's algorithm on how it handles port ranges,
as long as internal and external ports are the same in range it works,
but if it doesn't work for a one-on-one pattern even though the number of ports is the same.

I am an IT expert myself so I know what I am talking about.
I tried SSH into the router but it doesn't give me shell access and I'm only limited to CLI mode,
which doesn't offer much more than what the web portal offers.

Please help resolve the issue, Thanks!

Options
20 Reply
Re:URGENT: Port Forwarding RANGE issue!
2023-09-04 09:19:31 - last edited 2023-09-04 09:19:40

Hi @AdeelKhan 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I have sent your problem to the test team for further test. We will try to reproduce this issue and see if we can get a fix for you.

If your issue is in a hurry, please contact the support team for instant help. smiley

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-09-04 09:52:10 - last edited 2023-09-07 08:28:35

@Clive_A Thank you so much and I'll try beta version for sure, hopefully it helps!

Additional Information:

The problem is happening because your router doesn't support 1:1 port mapping, so unless internal and external ports are the same numbers or there's a union b/w internal and external ports it will work, but won't try to map 1:1.

So here's an analogy:

If I use my Raspberry Pi 4 running ubuntu server 22.04 (LAN IP: 192.168.1.2) as a router and enable DMZ on my ONT to forward all traffic on all ports of this raspberry pi (192.168.1.2), it will forward ports using 1:1 method, after setting up iptables like this:

sudo iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m tcp --dport 2001:3000 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.3:1-1000/2001
sudo iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j MASQUERADE

it will make sure 1:1 port forwarding in way that:

192.168.1.2:2001 -> 192.168.1.3:1

192.168.1.2:2002 -> 192.168.1.3:2

192.168.1.2:3000 -> 192.168.1.3:1000

But it the same behavior isn't being exhibited by the ER7206 router, because I doesn't support 1:1 port range mapping apparently.

P.S. Patiently waiting for a patch! 🥺

Options
2023-09-05 02:10:44

Hi @AdeelKhan 

Is this a reply from our team? I don't see your email address with any ticket available in our system. Can you specify where the RE comes from?

I am checking with the test team to see if there is any update from them.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-09-05 04:07:37

@Clive_A 

Hi, sorry for the confusion. I wanted to add details into my initial request so I elaborated the case. "RE" wasn't the right word to use, sorry for that.

Options
2023-09-05 06:31:01

Hi @AdeelKhan 

I have confirmed with the test team and it is a known issue. Currently, we don't have a fix to this problem.

The test team is consulting with the dev and trying to find a solution at this moment. Could be a beta. I am not sure. I am waiting for further replies from them. Will get back to you if I get an answer. smiley

Options
2023-09-05 06:33:56 - last edited 2023-09-05 06:35:38

@Clive_A 

Thank you so much! 
I'm patiently waiting for a beta patch.

Options
2023-09-12 03:25:50

Hi @AdeelKhan

Got an ETA that the V5.14 controller and adapted firmware may fix this issue.

Options
2023-09-12 07:55:18

Hey @Clive_A 👋

Thank you so much for getting back to me. 
That's actually a great news. I'm waiting for the firmware update then.

Do you have any ETA when the release of v5.14 (early access/beta) is scheduled?

Options
2023-09-12 08:13:30

Hi @AdeelKhan 

That could be Q1 next year.. Currently, the V5.12 beta is released for public testing.

If you need this in a hurry, I probably can ask the dev team and see if they can give beta targets for this issue.

Options
2023-09-12 08:29:14

@Clive_A 

Q1/24 is far away, can you please ask dev team if they can send a patch for me?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1176

Replies: 20

Related Articles