ER707-M2 V1_1.1.1 Build 20230927 Beta Firmware for Omada Controller v5.12 (Released on Sep 27, 2023)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER707-M2 V1_1.1.1 Build 20230927 Beta Firmware for Omada Controller v5.12 (Released on Sep 27, 2023)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-27 06:12:09 - last edited 2024-01-02 01:17:36

This Article Applies to

ER707-M2 V1 / V1.6_1.1.1_Build 20230927 (Beta)

Release Notes

New Feature/Enhancement

1. Add ACL support for IPv6 data.

2. Add support for IPv6 RA (Router Advertisement) configuration for LAN.

3. Add support for configuring multiple IP addresses on the WAN port.

4. Add support for monitoring session limits in controller mode.

5. Add support for configuring the MSS (Maximum Segment Size) of WAN port.

6. Add support for Gateway Tools in Controller mode.

• Ping.
  • Traceroute.
  • Terminal.

7. Add support for the ability to download device info of Gateway in Controller mode.

8. Add support for Location Group in Gateway ACL.

9. Add support for allow list of MAC filtering in Controller mode.

10. Add support for tagging same VLAN ID on different WAN port.

11. Increased security of communication between Gateway and Controller.

12. Add support for DNS cache, which can improve domain name resolution speed by handling recent address resolutions locally before sending request to Internet .

13. Add support for DH 14 and DH 15 for PFS.

14. Add support for 0.0.0.0/0 IP range of local network when using IPsec IKEv2 for Client-to Site VPN.

15. Add support for DDNS custom intervals (1~60 minutes).

16. Add support for link-local addresses of IPv6 DNS on the LAN side.

17. Log Enhancements.

• Show the source IP address of TCP no-Flag /ping of death attacks.
  • Show the log of link backup switching.
  • Show the log of DDNS update.
  • Logs can be saved when the device is down. You need to short press the reset button within 5s, and after releasing the reset button, the sys light will be on for 3 seconds to indicate that the downtime log is saved successfully.

18. Add support for Intrusion Detection/Prevention

19. Add support for Deep Packet Inspection in Standalone mode. 

20. Add support for enable/disable Flow Control in Controller mode.

21. Add support to modify the rate and duplex of the Ethernet port in Controller mode. 

Bug Fixed

1. Fix the bug that ICMP type 13 packets cannot be intercepted
2. Fix the bug that VPN Client cannot access the other side through IPsec when the device act as a PPTP/L2TP/OpenVPN Server and also establishes IPsec VPN with other devices.
3. Fix the bug that VPN client cannot proxy Internet access when VPN IP Pool and LAN IP are in the same network segment.
4. Fix the bug of CPU abnormality caused by enabling more VLAN Interface.
5. Fix the bug of high latency in ISP Load in Controller mode.
6. Fix the bug of frequent reconnection with Omada Controller.
7. Fix the bug that the VLAN configuration of IPTV is affected by the VLAN configuration of WAN port in Controller mode.
8. Fix the bug that the device does not support proxy internet access as Wireguard VPN client.
9. Fix the bug that Port Forwarding does not take effect under multiple WAN ports.
10. Fix the bug that the port status display is abnormal in Controller mode.
11. Fix bugs related to OpenVPN:

• OpenVPN clients cannot proxy Internet access through the device.
  • OpenVPN IP pool cannot be configured.
  • When the device is used as an OpenVPN Server and the option is Split mode, OpenVPN clients cannot access the Internet normally.
  • Remote IP error displayed in the OpenVPN Tunnel interface when the device connects successfully as an OpenVPN Client.
  • When the device acts as an OpenVPN Client, OpenVPN fails to start when there are unsupported fields in the OVPN file.

12. Fix the bug that cloud access could not connect successfully when PPPoE dialup was performed on the WAN port.
13. Fix the bug that after the device connects to the Server as a WireGuard VPN Client, the peer cannot access the device via WireGuard Interface IP.

14. Fix a bug that prevented successful login when an underscore was used for the login password

Firmware Download

Before the Upgrade

(1) Please be sure you have read the Beta Test Agreement before upgrading the Beta firmware!

(2) You may follow the following guide to upgrade your Omada devices. How to Upgrade/Downgrade Omada Gateways

Firmware Download Link

ER707-M2 V1_1.1.1_Build 20230927 (Beta)

Notes:

(1) The above firmware is applied to ER707-M2 V1 and V1.60.

(2) Your device’s configuration won’t be lost after upgrading.

(3) The new features added in the above firmware require to upgrade of the Omada SDN Controller 5.12, which has been released for early access here.

Additional Information

All feedback is welcome, including letting us know about successful device upgrades.

If somehow you encounter an issue during or after the ER707-M2 Router upgrade, it's suggested to contact us with the following info:

• Omada Controller version 
  • Device Firmware version with Build number (previous and current)

If your ER707-M2 router gets bricked during the firmware upgrade, you may follow the guide below to recover the firmware.

How to use the Emergency Mode to recover the firmware for Omada Gateways

Update Log

Nov. 20th, 2023:

Update the format and incorrect description in the release note.

Sep 27th, 2023:

Post the ER707-M2 V1 / V1.6_1.1.1_Build 20230927 (Beta) firmware for early access.

Recommended Threads

Get the Latest Firmware Releases for Omada Routers Here - Subscribe for Updates

Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here - Subscribe for Updates

Experience the Latest Omada EAP Firmware - Trial Available Here, Subscribe for Updates!

Current Available Solutions to Omada Router Related Issues [Actively Updated, Post for Subscription]

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
26 Reply
Re:ER707-M2 V1_1.1.1_Build 20230927 Beta Firmware for Omada Controller v5.12 (Released on Sep 27, 2023)
2023-09-27 10:58:19

So happy. Finally after Flow Control is now possible on WAN Port in Controller Mode all is working fine and with full speed without any other modifcations needed. Thanks :)

Options
Re:ER707-M2 V1_1.1.1_Build 20230927 Beta Firmware for Omada Controller v5.12 (Released on Sep 27, 2023)
2023-11-01 08:56:06 - last edited 2023-11-01 11:03:16

I love the Threat Management Gateway on my OC200 mixed in with the ER707-M2 but I wish it was all in one areá.  You have the GLOBAL HOST on the OC200 which has the map, I added the API but not sure what it's really meant for other then blocking countries.

Then you have to goto the ER707-M2 Insight Area to see info for the Threat Management Gateway and then goto Settings Firewall etc to actually get to the blocked IP's.

So if you guys could get this all in one spot or atleast link it through on the pages that would be IDEAL.  And you should be able to MANUALLY ADD IP's as well!

It's still SUPER SLOW for the WAN to come up, it can say connected and take a good 2-3 minutes or so before any internet works.

I setup a PfSense last week, instant all the time outside it's boot time.  I have not tested the boot time on the ER707-M2 but....  I just know when you plug in the WAN..... it can have all the IP's etc but nothing, no net for minutes.  

Same if you make small changes around the place on the OC200, it will drop the net ............  You guys have to fix that, it seems ROUTER WIDE.  If it's your version of Linux you need to drop it like a bad smell........  

I am trialing this ER707 but I might yet return it due to the slowness .......  It also doesn't dish out custom DNS on static IP's........  AGAIN Windows Server DHCP, PfSense etc all do this!  

I have many things that need to use different DNS.......  So this is the feedback.  AND............ AND.....   the Threat Management Block list is limited to 32 entries only?  

Options
2023-11-01 12:58:28

@Clive_A Hi,

There is a problem with the backend login interface. If the Dynamic DNS URL is not available, it will display a "Referer checking failed" error. Later, I can log in to the backend using the IP number.

Is there a CSRF issue with the login interface?

I am from Taiwan and currently work as a maintenance engineer for an ISP telecommunications company. Because I like new things, do something new. https://www.sakamoto.blog/
Options
2023-11-02 01:31:39

Hi @SakamotoBlog 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

SakamotoBlog wrote

@Clive_A Hi,

There is a problem with the backend login interface. If the Dynamic DNS URL is not available, it will display a "Referer checking failed" error. Later, I can log in to the backend using the IP number.

Is there a CSRF issue with the login interface?

Are you able to confirm the DDNS has been synced correctly? Can you paste a screenshot of the DDNS status? Please mosaic the sensitive information.

If you access the IP, then without typing anything else, simply input the IP, and you can be directed to the router admin page?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-11-02 01:53:25

Dear @Clive_A 

Thank you for the prompt reply.

DDNS synchronization was successful and no errors occurred... ↓

Enter the URL, which is displayed as follows. It will not lead to the login screen. ↓

Then, after changing it to IP, it was normal. ↓

Looking at the overall incident, the currently known problem is that the domain cannot be redirected to the login screen.

I don’t know why?

Many thanks~^_^

I am from Taiwan and currently work as a maintenance engineer for an ISP telecommunications company. Because I like new things, do something new. https://www.sakamoto.blog/
Options
2023-11-02 05:49:18

Hi @SakamotoBlog 

SakamotoBlog wrote

Dear @Clive_A 

Thank you for the prompt reply.

DDNS synchronization was successful and no errors occurred... ↓

Enter the URL, which is displayed as follows. It will not lead to the login screen. ↓

Then, after changing it to IP, it was normal. ↓

Looking at the overall incident, the currently known problem is that the domain cannot be redirected to the login screen.

I don’t know why?

Many thanks~^_^

Try the incognito mode or private mode. It should fix the problem. It seems to be a cache issue with the browser.

Options
2023-11-02 05:55:27 - last edited 2023-11-02 05:56:11

@Clive_A 

Errrr.... The screenshot just taken was in incognito / private mode......@@a

Options
2023-11-05 11:18:29

Hi  @Clive_A 

The following I have tested many times:

1.For the PC versions of Chrome and Edge, use incognito mode throughout the process. You cannot access the domain and can only access it by changing the IP.

2. For the mobile versions of Chrome and Edge, use incognito mode throughout the process. You cannot access the domain and can only access it by changing the IP.

3. Downgrade to ER707-M2(UN)_V1_1.1.0 Build 20230609. After returning, make sure you can enter.

I am very sure that there is a problem with ER707-M2 V1_1.1.1_Build 20230927 Beta.

Options
2023-11-06 03:36:03

Hi @SakamotoBlog 

I got a reply from the test and dev team. This has been replicated and will be fixed in the public release. Please pay attention to the public release. For the time being, you may downgrade to the previous firmware as a temporary solution.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Options
2023-12-02 21:45:53

@Clive_A and team, this will be a great update. I am testing this firmware on my ER707-M2 v1.0 with the Omada 5.13.10 controller (also beta) and when enabling IDS/IPS my internet speed is heavily impacted. I have a 1Gbps internet, with IDS/IPS on Low I can get around 400Mbps throughput and on Medium around 250Mbps. With IDS/IPS turned off and can get 950Mbps. Is this a hardware limitation? (CPU and memory are not maxed out) or can this be fixed on software prior to the final release?

Options