Early Access ER706W V1_1.0.1_Build 20230915 Beta Firmware for Omada Controller v5.12 (Released on Sep 27th, 2023)
This Article Applies to
ER706W(UN) V1 1.0.1_Build 20230915 (Beta)
- This firmware supports the wired function of Controller 5.8 and the wireless function of Controller 5.5 but is only applicable to Omada SDN Controller 5.12 or above.
We hope to offer you a chance to experience the new features added for ER706W, and also give us TP-Link the opportunity to fully test the firmware in your real network environment and scenarios before the official release. All feedback is welcome, including letting us know about successful upgrades.
1. Add support for Quick Setup function.
2. Add Clone SSID for Mesh Quick Setup.
1. Fix the bug that connot access the router’s management interface when change the HTTP port.
2. Fix the bug that SSID-based ACL rules cannot take effect on traffic associated with the SSID of Mesh EAP when in standalone mode
Before the Upgrade
(1) Please be sure you have read the Beta Test Agreement before upgrading the Beta firmware!
(2) You may follow the following guide to upgrade your Omada devices. How to Upgrade/Downgrade Omada Gateways
Firmware Download Link
(1) The above firmware is applied to ER706W V1.
(2) Your device’s configuration won’t be lost after upgrading.
(3) This firmware supports the wired function of Controller 5.8 and the wireless function of Controller 5.5 but is only applicable to Omada SDN Controller 5.12 or above.
All feedback is welcome, including letting us know about successful device upgrades.
If somehow you encounter an issue during or after the ER706W router upgrade, it's suggested to contact us with the following info:
- Omada Controller version
- Device Firmware version with Build number (previous and current)
If your ER706W router gets bricked during the firmware upgrade, you may follow the guide below to recover the firmware.
Sep 27th, 2023:
Post the ER706 V1 1.0.1_Build 20230915 (Beta) firmware for early access.