VIGI C540 Patrol mode

VIGI C540 Patrol mode

VIGI C540 Patrol mode
VIGI C540 Patrol mode
2023-10-05 07:19:46
Model: VIGI C540-W  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.0.4 Build 230828 Rel 39900n

hello when using the patrol function, the automatic tracking of a human stops working. after a hard reset, the device works correctly but only for a short time. what is the problem?

Options
11 Reply
Re:VIGI C540 Patrol mode
2023-10-05 11:28:05

@MarcusMars 

I have similar experience with C540V. I hope TPlink will improve this bug in firmware.  

In your case it is important if you have HW version 1 or  2. Version 1 do not support the patrol mode. 

Options
2023-10-06 00:44:26

@Patrik_C540V I have version 1.0 and the patrol function works for me. the automatic tracking mode does not work for me when the camera is in patrol mode.

Options
2023-10-06 09:56:14

@MarcusMars 

sorry I wrote patrol mode but I meant automatic tracking. HW version 1 of VIGI C540 do not support automatic tracking. Thats why I ordered C540V. 

Options
2023-10-06 10:32:08

@Patrik_C540V thank you very much for the information. this can only annoy a person. A person buys a camera from the professional series. And finally, find out that the Tapo camera at home has more functions. How can an ordinary consumer know about this. Should I buy it as a trial and error?Yours C540V also no working properly? 

Options
2023-10-06 11:40:07
Or I have to buy an NVR and it will work. Can someone confirm this for me?
Options
2023-10-08 01:12:28

Hi @MarcusMars 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

What is your exact model? I have to make sure that the model number before I check if there is a problem with it. And the firmware number. I see you selected C540-W V1 2.0.4, but the title is C540. What's the correct one?

Do you use it with the Security Manager or simply manage it from the web?

Is the Security Manager running 24/7?

Did you do a field test and verify that it indeed does not track people anymore?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Clive_A 

Hi, I found this thread while searching for an answer based on the very similar experience I had.

So me too, if patrol mode is on the camera just moving around between the predefined views but not following movements. Whenever the patrol mode is off it starts follow movements. Meanwhile the follow movements setting is on all the time so I would expect these two working in parallel. Eg do the patrol sequence but whenever there is a movement in view the camera would follow that. After there is no movement anymore it would go back to patrol.

My camera is VIGI C540-W 1.0

Latest firmware version: 2.0.4 Build 230829 Rel.39900n

Setup was done via iPhone app but Security Manager is also running on a Windows 10 Pc and recording 24/7 from the camera added as a local device and configured as virtual NVR.

Thanks if you can confirm that it's a bug or just a missing feature.

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @H-Daniel 

H-Daniel wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi, I found this thread while searching for an answer based on the very similar experience I had.

So me too, if patrol mode is on the camera just moving around between the predefined views but not following movements. Whenever the patrol mode is off it starts follow movements. Meanwhile the follow movements setting is on all the time so I would expect these two working in parallel. Eg do the patrol sequence but whenever there is a movement in view the camera would follow that. After there is no movement anymore it would go back to patrol.

My camera is VIGI C540-W 1.0

Latest firmware version: 2.0.4 Build 230829 Rel.39900n

Setup was done via iPhone app but Security Manager is also running on a Windows 10 Pc and recording 24/7 from the camera added as a local device and configured as virtual NVR.

Thanks if you can confirm that it's a bug or just a missing feature.

I tried a different model. Not the same one as you have. VIGI C540V.

I didn't reproduce the problem you described. It follows the targets as long as it is movement. Instead, it worked like what you expect.

I set the timer to a 60s to view two different locations. 5s as park time. The firmware is on the factory default.

How do you set it up? I would like to take a look at your config. All related parameters, screenshots, of the patrol, and movement tracking.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Hi  @Clive_A ,
Thanks for your support, let me share some screenshots in a Google Photos album here (sry, this forum's photo upload module is not so user friendly):
Sample photos about the VIGI app settings

Hope it helps.

If I disable the patrol slider it stops patrolling and starts following movements but if the patrol function is on then not following movements anymore. Quite annoying.

I'm considering returning this and try out the TAPO C520WS which almost identical in all these features (as I see) except recording on PC as it's a privilege of VIGI products with Security Manager. But not a big deal as an SD card can do the same job for me.

Thanks again to take a look.

Regards,

Daniel    

Options

Hi @H-Daniel 

H-Daniel wrote

Hi  @Clive_A ,
Thanks for your support, let me share some screenshots in a Google Photos album here (sry, this forum's photo upload module is not so user friendly):
Sample photos about the VIGI app settings

Hope it helps.

If I disable the patrol slider it stops patrolling and starts following movements but if the patrol function is on then not following movements anymore. Quite annoying.

I'm considering returning this and try out the TAPO C520WS which almost identical in all these features (as I see) except recording on PC as it's a privilege of VIGI products with Security Manager. But not a big deal as an SD card can do the same job for me.

Thanks again to take a look.

Regards,

Daniel    

Mine's pretty much the same as yours. Auto-tracking is not enabled from the VIGI app but from the VSM. Patrol is the same as the VSM.

After I enabled the Auto-tracking from the VIGI app, it also worked perfectly in both tracking and patrolling.

Can you reset your model and reconfigure this? Or simply reconfigure your presets and patrol.

If your object is moving too fast, it cannot follow it. Do you have a field test video for me? If you are worried about privacy, you can share the link in the message. I will open my message permission for a day.

Options