Cancel a sensor automation event to avoid hub ringing ?

2023-10-13 09:49:55 - last edited 2023-11-30 07:45:39
Model: Tapo T110   Tapo H200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.8.0

Hi,

I installed a first T110 sensor on my kitchen window to test the system with an automation to execute the ringing of the "hub H200" 20 seconds after the "open state detection", the Hub is ringing, this automation is working (see screen configuration in attachment)

My problem is i would like to cancel the execution of this automation in real time when i execute a shortcut "Arrive Home"(see screen configuration in attachment) to avoid the ringing.

If i wait for the hub to ring, the hub's ringing stops when i execute the shortcut.
But if i execute the shortcut before the hub ringing, nothing is canceled, the hub will ring even if the shortcut also deactivate the automation of the sensor. Here the shortcut configuration :

- H200 become quiet/mute

- deactivate automation of the kitchen window sensor

I think when an automation event is on way, it's impossible to cancel the consequence of this event ?  If i forget to execute shortcut "arrive home" before opening my front door or windows, i cannot stop the automation event triggered before the delay time out.

Is it possible or it needs an update of apps or firmware by the dev team ?

Thanks for you help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cancel a sensor automation event to avoid hub ringing ?-Solution
2023-11-30 07:39:13 - last edited 2023-11-30 07:45:39

@panteror 

After some testing and verification, it appears that this situation is currently unavoidable. I don't find any feasible settings that can mitigate or avoid this situation. 

This should be a new feature request, "the ability to cancel an ongoing or delay action". I've recorded and submitted this request for evaluation by the relevant department. 

You may keep an eye on future software updates. Any important changes and updates will be outlined in the release notes once it is available.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Cancel a sensor automation event to avoid hub ringing ?
2023-10-19 10:25:30 - last edited 2023-11-30 07:45:23

@panteror 

The key point here is to cancel an ongoing delay automation, as this automation is already been triggered when you open the window (sensor). 

Regarding this situation, you can try to add a new rule to minimize the occurrence of the alarm:

1. Create an automation: when H200 Ring, then H200 Become Silent

2. Add the above automation to the Arrive Home shortcut. 

The alarm might ring for a second or not ring at all depending on the network connection. Devices and cloud servers send and receive commands with different response speeds, if a command responds faster, then that command is executed first.

Update: After some testing and verification, it appears that this situation is currently unavoidable.

If any user finds this is a needed feature in your home automation, submit a Feature Request post in the community and share your use case and thoughts about it!

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-10-19 11:32:37 - last edited 2023-10-19 11:33:04

@Wayne-TP 

Hi, thanks for the reply.

However i tried to apply your solution but i can't create an automation when H200 ring, then silent..

In the automation configuration, if i set When "H200 ring", in the then option i don't see my H200 in the device list (see screenshots).

I would like the feature of a regular home alarm system, it means when you open your door/windows, you have 30 seconds to cancel the detection before the siren(H200) rings.

It's for avoiding problem if we have forget to execute the shortcut "arrives home" on tapo apps before entering in home. In the future, i would like to hide a tapo button in my home with a double tap linked to the shortcut "arrives home".

I know that TP Home System is not a classic alarm system but all your products you propose (sensor, camera, hub,...) should allow us to configure in that way.

By the way, the french translation of "bague" is incorrect, bague is the translation of ring but not the sound, it's the jewel :). You should use "Sonne" or "Se met à sonner" to say hub is ringing or will ring.

Thanks

Options
2023-11-26 01:02:23 - last edited 2023-11-26 01:02:48

"By the way, the french translation of "bague" is incorrect, bague is the translation of ring but not the sound, it's the jewel :). You should use "Sonne" or "Se met à sonner" to say hub is ringing or will ring."

Just to say that it doesn't happen only in the french translation. In the Portuguese translation is also wrong. It says "anel" that's also the jewel that we use in the fingers.

They should definitely pay someone to do the translation, and stop translating isolated words in Google...

Options
Re:Cancel a sensor automation event to avoid hub ringing ?-Solution
2023-11-30 07:39:13 - last edited 2023-11-30 07:45:39

@panteror 

After some testing and verification, it appears that this situation is currently unavoidable. I don't find any feasible settings that can mitigate or avoid this situation. 

This should be a new feature request, "the ability to cancel an ongoing or delay action". I've recorded and submitted this request for evaluation by the relevant department. 

You may keep an eye on future software updates. Any important changes and updates will be outlined in the release notes once it is available.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-11-30 08:08:38

@Wayne-TP related feature request: https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/631940?replyId=1264912

Options