Daisy chain range extenders with Ethernet cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-15 12:21:50 - last edited 2023-10-18 07:32:12

I have 2 x AC750 range extenders. Can I connect one to my router wirlessly and then connect the second to the first using an Ethernet cable via the ports on the bottom of the extenders. What I am trying to do is extend my WiFi network from the house to my garage that is approx 50m away via a Ethernet cable that runs between house and garage.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Daisy chain range extenders with Ethernet cable-Solution
2023-10-15 14:21:53 - last edited 2023-10-18 07:32:12

@JDS12345 

Hi,

Yes, that should work.

You have to set the range extender that connects to the Wi-Fi network in the house to "Range Extender" mode (which should be the default setting anyway) and set the other range extender in the garage to "Access Point" mode.

Without knowing the actual model number of the AC750 range extender I can't say for sure whether it supports Access Point mode, but I think almost all models from TP-Link do.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Daisy chain range extenders with Ethernet cable-Solution
2023-10-15 14:21:53 - last edited 2023-10-18 07:32:12

@JDS12345 

Hi,

Yes, that should work.

You have to set the range extender that connects to the Wi-Fi network in the house to "Range Extender" mode (which should be the default setting anyway) and set the other range extender in the garage to "Access Point" mode.

Without knowing the actual model number of the AC750 range extender I can't say for sure whether it supports Access Point mode, but I think almost all models from TP-Link do.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Daisy chain range extenders with Ethernet cable
2023-10-18 07:33:48

@JDS12345 

And if the whole house is under the same electric circuit, the powerline adapters would also be a good choice:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/powerline/

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 550

Replies: 2

Related Articles