RE700X parental control issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-17 07:46:16
Model: RE700X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good Morning all

I have an Archer AX72 and a RE700X. Both brand new, both on the latest firmware, both working great however...

On the AX72 I have all my home shield parental controls set up, again they are working great and it's worth paying the £17 for a year. The AX72 is in AP mode. 

I have the RE700X and it is plugged in halfway between the router and my sons bedrooms extending the network of the same name to their PS5s. And connects great with no issues in network performance. 

The problem is when the PS5s are connected to the RE700X I cannot see their parental controls or connection status in the AX72 side of the tether app for the main metwork. When not connected to the RE700X I can. When connected to the RE700X I can see their PS5s in the RE700X side of the tether app but their is no Parental Control option or Home shield. 

So I take it the RX700X can pass through the same network but not the parental controls of the network?  First prize would to be able to see everything in one place in the AX72 side of Tether with the RE700X in use. Any advice would be greatly appreciated please. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:RE700X parental control issue
2023-10-17 18:08:12

@awunited 

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to run the AX72 in "Router Mode" instead of Access Point Mode?

With the AX72 in Router Mode you would be able to build a OneMesh/EasyMesh network with the RE700X, which should solve the Parental Control issue.

Options
Re:RE700X parental control issue
2023-10-18 03:18:20

@awunited 

I had the same question as Woozle since Archer AX72 does not support HomeShield in Access Point mode.

If it is actually in router mode, enabling EasyMesh would be a good suggestion.

By the way, except for the PS5s, how about other wireless clients connected to RE700X? Did they show up on the client list of AX72?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 432

Replies: 2

Related Articles