same ssid network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

same ssid network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
same ssid network
same ssid network
2023-10-23 05:43:45 - last edited 2023-10-24 02:26:34
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I have three archer c6 ac1200 routers and I am using them all as access points for different floors of my house. I have connected them with my isp provided routes, but they all broadcast different SSIDs. I read somewhere that as these routers support one mesh I can use them to create a mesh network with same SSID. Please help me set them up for so I can use them with same SSID.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:same ssid network-Solution
2023-10-23 08:07:19 - last edited 2023-10-24 02:26:34

@par1h 

You should know that when C6 is in "access point" mode it won't support mesh network.

Nevertheless you can still set your C6 SSIDs the same on all routers in your house if you want to do so.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:same ssid network-Solution
2023-10-23 08:07:19 - last edited 2023-10-24 02:26:34

@par1h 

You should know that when C6 is in "access point" mode it won't support mesh network.

Nevertheless you can still set your C6 SSIDs the same on all routers in your house if you want to do so.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:same ssid network
2023-10-25 23:22:56
I would personally advise if your using your c6 routers as access points to change all their ssid and wifi passwords to the same details as your main router. Depending on your device it should automatically change by itself to the stronger signal as you move around your property. I had similar setup 1x ax72 as my main and then 2 c6 routers in Ap mode. One at the top of my house on the second floor and the other down the bottom of my garden in my man cave. When ever i moved around my property my phone (s22ultra) would automatically switch to the stronger signal from the closest unit. If your device is still trying to hold onto a weaker signal you can turn your wifi off then back on and then it should automatically pick up the stronger signal and then the process will start again when you move back through your property. Hope this helps 👍🏻
Options