device password

device password

device password
device password
2023-11-02 13:31:45
Model: VIGI C340-W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.4

hi - I have added the 1st device sucessfully, however when I add a 2nd device, the password device that i enter did not work at all. I have done a factory reset on the device a few time, and I still can't add the 2nd device to the vigi app. Pls help. 

added one 

Options
4 Reply
Re:device password
2023-11-03 02:02:27

Hi @marktkl 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

How to get started with the TP-Link VIGI app

I am not seeing any error in your screenshot. If you have more to add, please let us know.

If your product is not new, that may be added by someone before to their VIGI account. This will require a reset to the camera.

How to reset the password of the VIGI camera?

Please note if your camera is not new, we recommend you contact the retailer to exchange before contacting us.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-11-03 02:28:17

@Clive_A  

1. I have added the first device successfully which is the screenshot. 

2. there is no error message, the app is asking for device PASSWORD, the userid is ADMIN. 

3. This is a brand new device. 

4. I key in PASSWORD ADMIN, and I got log out from the vigi app for 30min 
5. Reset camera twice and it did not help at all. 

Question - what is the device password? What is the next step? 

Options
2023-11-03 02:40:39

Hi @marktkl 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

It is supposed to ask you to set the password. But it did not? Instead it is asking for the password?

All of TP-Link products are started with the default password which is admin

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-11-03 02:51:05
the device did not ask for Password set up. What should i do? When I key in Admin, i got log out for 30mins.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 241

Replies: 4

Related Articles