No public IP anymore

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No public IP anymore

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No public IP anymore
No public IP anymore
2023-11-08 08:40:00 - last edited 2023-11-09 01:26:01
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

my current internet provider (Community Fibre) has removed the public IP enabling CGNAT.

My OC200 Omada controller is located inside this network. Until now my other external networks could reach the controller using the public IP, but now this does not work anymore.

Is there any alternative architecture that you could suggest please?

Note that I could use public IPv6 addresses if this helps.
I was also thinking to move my controller (software in this case) to AWS. But not sure if it is safe. Not sure how to filter the traffic in this case.

Thank you for your help

Options
3 Reply
Re:No public IP anymore
2023-11-09 01:25:46

Hi @Birillo 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Birillo wrote

Hi All,

my current internet provider (Community Fibre) has removed the public IP enabling CGNAT.

My OC200 Omada controller is located inside this network. Until now my other external networks could reach the controller using the public IP, but now this does not work anymore.

Is there any alternative architecture that you could suggest please?

Note that I could use public IPv6 addresses if this helps.
I was also thinking to move my controller (software in this case) to AWS. But not sure if it is safe. Not sure how to filter the traffic in this case.

Thank you for your help

So if they have enabled CGNAT, it probably blocks the workaround by Tailscale or other intranet tools because their subnet falls in the CGNAT as well.

There isn't any better way to fix this. If they leave you with the public IPv6, you should check if it is flowing right. You can still use the IPv6 for VPN or other services.

If you plan to move it to the AWS, why not subscribe to the CBC?

About the VPS, you should do some homework yourself. That involves in basic Linux knowledge. Most of the time, guides from the Internet suffices because Linux is widely used and many people share the information.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-11-09 09:27:34

Hi @Clive_A 

thank you for your answer.

The main reason why I never looked at CBC is that I have never found a clear pricing for the service.

About a VPN using IPv6, is there a way to set it up in Omada? Apparently, it accepts IPv4 addresses only.
Also the Router seems to not take a IPv6 address also if the rest of the devices get it.
Do you know other types of VPNs that use IPv6?

I have also tried with CloudConnexa ...but for some reason, I cannot connect using OpenVPN in Omada.
Is there some info/document on how to set it up in Omada for what you know?
I will check again today if I did something wrong.

Options
2023-11-09 09:47:37

Hi @Birillo 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Birillo wrote

Hi @Clive_A 

thank you for your answer.

The main reason why I never looked at CBC is that I have never found a clear pricing for the service.

About a VPN using IPv6, is there a way to set it up in Omada? Apparently, it accepts IPv4 addresses only.
Also the Router seems to not take a IPv6 address also if the rest of the devices get it.
Do you know other types of VPNs that use IPv6?

I have also tried with CloudConnexa ...but for some reason, I cannot connect using OpenVPN in Omada.
Is there some info/document on how to set it up in Omada for what you know?
I will check again today if I did something wrong.

Existing documents on the support page should suffice most questions you have.

CBC is not open to all the regions. If you cannot see the price or buy, that means it is locked to you region and you cannot buy it.

IPv6 is working in Controller mode. You just need to set it up properly on WAN and LAN. It'll work.

WireGuard supports IPv6. OVPN as well. For the old VPN types, I am not sure. You probably should check their compatibility.

Inform URL indeed seems to only accept IPv4. URL is also IPv4 based.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 204

Replies: 3

Related Articles