EAP655-Wall - Beta - Authentication Errors

2023-11-26 11:19:38
Model: EAP655-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3

Hi, 

I currently have 3 different EAP (670,653, and 655-wall) with a TP-SG2008G switch and ER605. 

EAP area mostly set up in a line however having trouble with EAP655-wall with authentication errors. Devices can connect perfectly fine to other devices but when they roam to the 655-wall and right beside the unit, they will fail authentication and eventually be booted back to the 653 or 670. Some devices that are LoT will just suddenly stop working after attempting countlessly to connect the to the 655-wall and then will roam to either the 653 or 670 and attempt later. 

This has caused me to fix some of my LoT devices to certain EAP so that it doesn't keep attempting to roam to the 655-Wall which is likely better reception. 

wondering if there is any other suggestions you might have?

Options
11 Reply
Re:EAP655-Wall - Beta - Authentication Errors
2023-11-26 16:05:07

@RandomDude 

Do you have a controller?  If yes, sounds like a firmware issue, if not, I would try that, even if it's a temporary one set up on a laptop.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-11-26 16:11:09

@d0ugmac1 

Sorry, I should have added that. I have an OC200 V1.0 with the latest beta firmware as well. 

It seems to be only occurring on the 2.4Ghz and only on the 655-Wall AP.

Layout is 670 -> 655 -> 653 in a row, with channels are 1, 6, 11 respectively. 20mhz vs 40mhz does similar stuff. Don't think it's a reception issue as devices nearest to the 655 won't be able to connect giving authentication error followed by in the log stating the device roamed to 670 or 653 without difficulties. 

Options
2023-11-26 18:25:42
There was another recent case where a member was having issues and only with 2.4Ghz...not your AP model, but was the 'latest' firmware. You could try reverting to older officially released firmware and see if that resolves the issue for you too. I'm sure @Clive_A will be around and there's probably a ticket to be created here.
<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-11-27 09:46:25

@RandomDude 

Is your controller 5.13 Beta? Did you downgrade the firmware to see if that resolves the issue, just like @d0ugmac1 mentioned?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-11-28 12:47:10

@Virgo will try to downgrade and see if that fixes the problem. 

@Hank21 @Fae What do you think of this issue? Do you think you could connect me with the engineer so they could see my logs? 

Options
2023-11-29 03:22:30

Hi @RandomDude

The PMF feature was supported since Omada Controller v5.7, which requires to upgrade the EAP device firmware to take effect. The previous firmware you used may be not adapted to controller 5.7, that is, the previous firmware doesn't support the PMF feature, thus the PMF configuration with "Mandatory" won't affect the connection of non-PMF-capable clients.

While the EAP655-Wall 1.2.3 new firmware is adapted to controller 5.9, which supports the PMF feature. It seems that your IoT client is non-PMF-capable, so changing PMF from "Mandatory" to "Capable" can fix the issue. If your IoT still has connection issue with the "Capable" option, you may disable PMF for the IoT network.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-11-29 13:07:23

@Hank21 

Hi Hank,

just so you know the current firmwares I'm on is

OC200 - 5.13.24

ER605 - 2.1.5 Build 20231024 (Beta)

EAP655-Wall - 1.2.3

i have completely disable PMF, disabled AI Roaming. Changed security to WPA. Changed channels to low utilized channels. Changed power to insure it wasn't interference between the devices. I'm still having trouble with devices connected to the 655-Wall. Now with AI Roaming off, PMF disabled and channel switched with full power, some devices are unable to get an IP Address. Says connected in the Omada without an IP address. Retries and then stops attempting to connect. Some devices get lucky and connect to the other EAP unless power for the devices are reduced so there is a dead spot in between which they just won't. 

any other suggestions you could recommend or someone I could send my logs to? 

Thanks!

Options
2023-12-04 09:00:14

Hi @RandomDude,

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID231207161, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-12-08 08:21:23

Hi @RandomDude

Hope you are doing well. Our support team reported that they haven't received your email reply at all.

Have you ever received the support email who case ID is TKID231207161? Or was your concern resolved on your own finally?

We are looking forward to hearing from you again.

Options
2023-12-09 22:33:09

@Hank21 Just sent the email. Sorry, was a little busy so wasn't able to get to it. To resolve the issue temporarly, I disabled the 2.4Ghz wifi until we can figure out what we can do to fix it. All information is included in the email. 

Thanks again!

Options