TL-SG108PE Does not pass traffic from EAP110

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-19 22:08:22 - last edited 2023-12-20 21:46:53
Model: TL-SG108  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20210819 Rel.52812

I recently purchased an ER605, TL-SG108PE and EAP225 to go along with an EAP110 I've had for a few years.  Everything is working find wxcept for the fact that I wanted to patch both AP's into the SG108.  I have learned that the SG108 cannot power the 110 which is a shame but that is not the problem.  When I patch the 110 into one of the non-POE ports of the SG108  with the 110 powered through the injector provided I see activity on the port LED but cannot access the web interface or see any devices connected to the AP.  If I switch the 110 over to one of the LAN ports on the ER605 everything works fine..Any ideas on why this is happening and suggestions on what can be done to make the EAP110 work on the SG108?  Thanks.

One new wrinkle, I just discovered that my Home Assistant server does not work when plugged into any of the non-POE ports of the SG108PE.  I had previously checked the EAP225 on the other POE ports when I was trying to get the 110 working on POE and all of those ports worked fine. Moved Home Assistant back over to to the ER605 and ot os working again.  So now all I have on the SG108PE is the EAP225 on Port 1 and the uplink to the ER605 on Port 8.  Sort of defeats the purpose of having a switch.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-SG108PE Does not pass traffic from EAP110
2023-12-20 02:57:04

Hi @LeeGl 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Broken cable? 108PE or 108? Have you tried a different cable?

Check the port light. Will they come up? Flash?

Did you set anything on the switch if it is 108PE? Do other switch ports work?

You might take a look at the config if you mess around it before. Reset it. It is plug and play unless you have something else in your network and you did not tell me.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:TL-SG108PE Does not pass traffic from EAP110
2023-12-20 21:46:06

@LeeGl 

To negate any setting changes I may have made I upgraded the switch to the latest firmware version and did a factory reset.  The only change I made after that was to set the admin password.  I checked and the problem is still there.  It is not a Layer 1 or Layer 2 problem.  All populated port LED's are showing connections at the appropriate speed and activity.  Here is my network as it is:

ER605:

- Port 1 WAN Uplink to WAN Fiber Modem

- Port 2 VACANT

- Port 3 homeassistant

- Port 4 EAP110

- Port 5 Downlink to TL-SG108PE

SG108PE:

- POE Port 1  EAP225

- POE Ports 2-4 VACANT

- Port 5 Laptop

- Ports 6-7 VACANT

- Port 8 Uplink to ER605

1] All devices except for the laptop are working fine including Internet access. If I move the EAP110 to one of the Non-POE ports on the switch devices connected through it do not have internet access.

2]  I have tried the EAP225 on all 4 POE ports and it works fine on all 4; devices can access the Internet.

3] The laptop does not work on any port on the SG108, but does work when connected wirelessly through the EAP110 and EAP 225.

4] When plugged into the SG108 I cannot ping microsoft.com because there is no DNS resolution.  I can ping it by using its public IP address.  Also, local DNS inquiries resolve to IPV6 addresses, not to IPV4 addresses.

So it appears to be a Name Resolution problem for anything on the SG108PE except the EAP225 and devices connected through it.  

Any ideas on what may be causing the problem and how I may resolve it?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 316

Replies: 2

Related Articles