internet acces denied due to parental control

2023-12-20 23:52:46 - last edited 2023-12-21 00:52:47
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I got a second hand archer ax55 today, set it up, connected it to my TP-Link ID and discovered the tether app. it worked perfectly fine, but when 00:00 struck Wi-Fi shut down for all of my devices. It still connects but just says "No internet" and my android phone directs me to "sign into network". another phone said it was due to parental control. I've been trying to look into it in the tether app but of course without wifi I can't get anywhere and I can't do it on my data because then I'm not connected to the network. I can't remember setting any internet time frames for it to turn on and off, but it appears I did. not just for 1, but for all devices. Is there a way to dissable this without waiting for it to turn back on again?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:internet acces denied due to parental control-Solution
2023-12-21 00:23:22 - last edited 2023-12-21 00:52:47

@Lennard 

If you have mobile data you should be able to log into your router through the tether app and adjust your devices, 

Just tried this with my mobile and I was able to log into my router via tether app and can make changes using mobile data. 

Once on the tether app I would suggest creating profiles for each of your family members. 

That way you can implement profile rules per person for each person's devices. 

Bear in mind if you have a laptop or xbox ect then to be sure to add both ip addresses of each device if the means are there  for wired or Wireless for that device as if you want to make sure your child can't get around the no Internet off time as each means of connectivity will give a different ip adress. 

Also if say your child has a mobile phone or tablet/pc laptop and they install a vpn and activate it before the Internet time is up they will still be able to access the Internet as well as any blocked websites including adult websites whilst the vpn is active. 

To put a blanket stop on all vpn sites as long as it has vpn in it on the page where it says block website on the profile enter vpn dot com without the space then save it, 

So if the try entering onto a Web page with those words in it, it should put a blanket ban on any website containing those words and refuse to load. 

I think you have a limit of 32 websites you can block on the block page so try to keep the wording short but to include the main wording to apply to multiple website names. 

Hope this helps 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:internet acces denied due to parental control-Solution
2023-12-21 00:23:22 - last edited 2023-12-21 00:52:47

@Lennard 

If you have mobile data you should be able to log into your router through the tether app and adjust your devices, 

Just tried this with my mobile and I was able to log into my router via tether app and can make changes using mobile data. 

Once on the tether app I would suggest creating profiles for each of your family members. 

That way you can implement profile rules per person for each person's devices. 

Bear in mind if you have a laptop or xbox ect then to be sure to add both ip addresses of each device if the means are there  for wired or Wireless for that device as if you want to make sure your child can't get around the no Internet off time as each means of connectivity will give a different ip adress. 

Also if say your child has a mobile phone or tablet/pc laptop and they install a vpn and activate it before the Internet time is up they will still be able to access the Internet as well as any blocked websites including adult websites whilst the vpn is active. 

To put a blanket stop on all vpn sites as long as it has vpn in it on the page where it says block website on the profile enter vpn dot com without the space then save it, 

So if the try entering onto a Web page with those words in it, it should put a blanket ban on any website containing those words and refuse to load. 

I think you have a limit of 32 websites you can block on the block page so try to keep the wording short but to include the main wording to apply to multiple website names. 

Hope this helps 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:internet acces denied due to parental control
2023-12-21 00:52:40

@Basboi85 thank you for your help and clear explanation.

When I tried first on my data it gave me some weird error but that must've been due to me switching between wifi and data and the connection breaking. I interpreted that as data not being sufficient for editing my network settings. It worked just fine tho

I got rid of the bedtime and assigned the devices to all different people like you described. Keep it up @Basboi85

Options
Re:internet acces denied due to parental control
2023-12-21 06:30:15

@Lennard

No worries 👍🏻 

Glad it helped and worked for you and it's all sorted now. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 303

Replies: 3

Related Articles