Parental control does not work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-14 02:38:18 - last edited 2022-06-23 10:17:17
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20211117 Rel. 38093(4A50)

Setting up a parental control to block internet on some devices does not work. (no blacklist or whitelist)
For instance google, youtube, tp-link.com are accessible. Some random website do get blocked from time to time but it's a minority.

Workaround: I found out that disable ipv6 passthrough solved the issue, everything gets blocked.
Although it seems to now work for any site it does not necessarily display the tp link Parental Control warning page and sometimes will just pretend to load the page forever leaving a confusing blank screen...

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Parental control does not work -Solution
2022-04-15 06:46:34 - last edited 2022-04-18 08:01:43

@Kevin_Z 

Yes I'd like to block internet for some devices on a specified time frame.

Unfortunately access control does not allow to set a specific time window unlike Parental Controls

Well after a factory reset Parental Controls now works fine regardless of my IPV6 settings ...

FYI here is the setting that I thought caused the issue (I'm in Japan provider is Asahi / VDSL plan no idea if they provide ipv6 the router seemed to automatically set this up)

After the factory reset my ipV6 settings was automatically set to: (and works as well)

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Parental control does not work
2022-04-15 06:08:19

@Rodolphe 

Do you mean you want to block the internet on some specific devices completely without any internet access? If that is the case, I think Access Control will help you with that. Please follow the User Manual to configure it:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/user-guides/archer-ax10&ax1500_v1/chapter-9-network-security#ug-sub-title-2

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by "disable ipv6 passthrough solved the issue, everything gets blocked"? What is exact the setting you are referring to? Can I have the screenshot? Can I know who is your ISP, and does it provide IPv6 connection for your network?

Options
Re:Parental control does not work -Solution
2022-04-15 06:46:34 - last edited 2022-04-18 08:01:43

@Kevin_Z 

Yes I'd like to block internet for some devices on a specified time frame.

Unfortunately access control does not allow to set a specific time window unlike Parental Controls

Well after a factory reset Parental Controls now works fine regardless of my IPV6 settings ...

FYI here is the setting that I thought caused the issue (I'm in Japan provider is Asahi / VDSL plan no idea if they provide ipv6 the router seemed to automatically set this up)

After the factory reset my ipV6 settings was automatically set to: (and works as well)

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Parental control does not work
2022-04-18 08:03:30

@Rodolphe 

Thanks very much for reaching out, and great steps so far. It's great to know reset the router and reconfigure it resolves the issue you are reporting.

I'm going to mark your reply as the “Recommended Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

Options