SSL VPN + WireGuard - Feedback-Questions + QoS Quick Note

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-28 07:29:49
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey.

I got a ER707-M2.  Running firmware 1.2.  I'm chasing an update or query on the VPN's.....

So SSL VPN........  Can you just call it OpenVPN? ....  as it is.  But I have a great thing for the techs to test........  I know it's a business forum but this VPN stuff is driving me nuts.

We use Warcraft 3 Reforged as a VPN Test.......  if you can make a LAN Game on that....... as it uses Bonjour I think.  Most cannot do this.  I ran SoftThink OpenVPN and it could make games one way visible atleast but with TP Link's SSL VPN it does not see it at all.

I have tried adding UDP 1900 and a bunch of stuff in the Tunnel Resources but no go.  I have tried Full on and off........

I presume this is creating a tunnel and not the TAP method?.........  Any chance the Techs can make this VPN a full capture system.....  to get the WC3 to work.....  it's a good test to see what a VPN can do as most cannot.

Secondly the WireGard VPN ....... it's not finished, it needs work.  There is no profile export etc......  no hints, notes nothing.....

I would still love to see a proper QoS system where you could reserve a minimium bandwidth, not device it..... or even just stack ports or types of traffic in priority order no bandwidth or % etc required....... it just works from a priority/order perspective etc.

Options
1 Reply
Re:SSL VPN + WireGuard - Feedback-Questions + QoS Quick Note
2023-12-28 07:54:39

@MrHC1983 A follow up as well....... off topic.......  only on the TP Link Omada do I get this....

Game - the finals.....  no idea why.  If I boot up PfSense and play it works fine...  maybe TP Link is doing something to packets? ...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 358

Replies: 1

Related Articles