Port speed in TL-SX3008F settings when adopted to controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Port speed in TL-SX3008F settings when adopted to controller

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
19 Reply
Re:Port speed in TL-SX3008F settings when adopted to controller
2024-01-07 11:45:45

@MichalN 

Mybee OC200 dont have this yet. I se there is a beta to your controller with the latest Omada version.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/628384

Options
2024-01-07 11:49:48

@MR.S 

I have 5.12.9  on my OC200 

Theoretically, it would be possible to somehow connect with the Omada controller installed in Windows because it is actually version 5.13

But for me everything is in OC200 and such a migration would probably be a difficult task

Options
2024-01-07 11:51:50

@MichalN 

Yes but as i mention in my last post there is a beta to oc200 with updated omdad version..

Options
2024-01-07 12:21:45

@MR.S 

I uploaded the beta version of the software to OC200
Currently, my situation is that the controller is trying to readopt the device

But we have a new problem laugh

The SX3008F switch requires a password, and in the case of automatic adoption, we do not have a login and password window, unless it can be disabled somewhere in the CLI or web switch?

Options
2024-01-07 12:39:43

@MichalN 

it was strange. I thought it skipped the password when you have enabled remember device.. what happen when you press retry. you can also try set device password in stand alone same as you have in omada controller.
device user and password on omada is on site and device account at the bottom of the page

Options
2024-01-07 12:45:26

@MR.S 

Ok, it worked.

The solution was quite strange.

I used everything I found and what you told me.
In fact, the beta version of the controller software managed to remember the device.
But, the automatic login remembered by the controller did not work and he kept trying to connect but could not log in.

The solution was to disconnect the SFP cable from the switch to force the controller to display the reconnect button, click it, enter the password, connect the SFP again and confirm OK in the controller window.

And this is how the switch was correctly adapted to the controller.

I think I will write a long instruction on how to deal with it rumieniec

Options
2024-01-07 12:46:32

@MichalN 

I will test this myself, i do a factory reset on a switch and se what happend , I lett you know..smiley

Options
2024-01-07 12:57:38

@MichalN 

Ok, so it work, cool. I guess this is a bug smiley  I think TP-Link should look at but if you work with TP-Link you have to be dam god to do workaronds.

But the new future with remember device is quite cool. 

Options
Re:Port speed in TL-SX3008F settings when adopted to controller -Solution
2024-01-07 13:09:09 - last edited 2024-01-07 13:14:48

Solution

A solution to the problem for everyone who may have a similar problem to me.

Devices:

• OC200 v1 controller with firmware 5.12.9 or lower
  • any 1G switch with SFP
  • any 10G switch with SFP+ (this will probably happen on others)

What you need:
USB/RJ45 COM cable to connect to the CLI of the 10G switch

Steps:

1. Connect to our 10G switch via CLI
  2. Set a new password for admin
  3. We follow the instructions:
  4. Type "enable" without the quotes, hit enter,
  5. Type "configure" without quotes, hit enter,
  6. Type "interface ten-gigabitEthernet 1/0/1" without quotes, hit enter
  7. Type "speed 1000" without quotes, hit enter
  8. Type "end" without quotes, hit enter
  9. Type "copy running-config startup-config", hit enter.
  10. Now we have access via the 1G port to the web for our switch
  11. Log in to our OC200 and see that the device has appeared and check the software version. If it is 5.12.9, we need to manually upload the beta version: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/628384
  12. Log in to our 10G switch and upgrade the version of our switch to the latest version available manually via the web
  13. We adapt the switch in the controller. Most likely, if there is no good update, the current standard situation will occur along the way. This means that adaptation will begin and during it the controller will reset the port settings of our 10G switch to standard settings and at the same time block the possibility of changing them using the CLI
  14. Now, when it crashes, wait for the disconnected status in the devices tab.
  15. Go to our 10G switch --> configuration -> general -> if we already have a beta version of our software for the controller, in the first tab at the very end we have a checkbox with "Remembered device:" and we select it and save it
  16. We enter the port settings and manually set the connection speed to 1000 full duplex for our SFP+ port
  17. Now the gymnastics - enter the Switch 10G via CLI and reset it, thanks to the latest software we have immediate access to it, you do not need to enter any bootmen
  18. Repeat steps 2-9
  19. Refresh the list of devices in the Omada controller
  20. The controller gets dizzy when trying to adopt again - there are lots of logs that it cannot automatically connect
  21. Unplug the SFP or SFP+ cable from one of the switches - we must lose the connection, thanks to which Omada will display a window for logging in to this Switch
  22. Enter our login details from point 19.1 and do not click anything
  23. Connect the SFP/SFP+ cable and click OK from point 21
  24. After this long fight, we are happy with the switch connected to our Omada system

Recommended Solution
Options
Related Articles