TL-SG105E changes 1000mbps to 100mbps

2024-01-07 19:00:50 - last edited 2024-01-07 20:32:21
Model: TL-SG105E  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20230214 Rel.63440

Hello!

My TL-SG105E changes the speed from 1000mbps to 100mbps randomly. I looked already for similar problems here and found some solutions but they didn't help. I changed the cable 3 times already, but nothing helped. The connection went to 1000mbps after unplugging everything and recable it, but it works only for a few hours to a few days. 

My router setup is fine. The lan port got full speed and no eco mode is activated.

Thanks in advance

Edit: The switch is in use since 07/23 and it worked fine for like 4 months. I changed nothing in that time. Will do some further testing. I put the whole setup to a different location in my room because i need to use the lan ports in the wall. Directly wiring my pc to the wall works fine and is always at 1000mbps, so the cables in the wall shouldn't be the issue.

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-SG105E changes 1000mbps to 100mbps
2024-01-08 02:02:02

Hi @Aryzn 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If you believe it is not a cable issue, and very certain about your opinion, you can contact the support for RMA.

Get a new one and test it out. If the issue persists, it cannot be anything else but the router or the cable.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-01-08 12:55:53

Hey  @Clive_A 

Thank you very much for your reply. I can't be 100% sure, but it's weird, that the problem only occures, when i put the switch inbetween. If i just use the lan port in the wall for my pc, then it works fine all the time. Router should be fine aswell, i checked the led on the switch or online in the dashboard many times. The connecting cable between router and switch is always at 1000mpbs.

I dont know which cables are in the wall. I think CAT6 or 7 cables are in there, but definetly a CAT5e or higher, since i get the full 1000mbps. I use other cables for connecting everything tho. They are all mixed together. I even used some other cables for testing everything. Does the mixing of different CAT Cables matter much? They seem to be compatible with each other.

I'll try one more time and buy a new set of CAT6 Cables. Shouldn't be too pricey since i only need 2 0.5m cables to connect everything. 

Options
2024-01-09 02:29:35

Hi @Aryzn 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Aryzn wrote

Hey  @Clive_A 

Thank you very much for your reply. I can't be 100% sure, but it's weird, that the problem only occures, when i put the switch inbetween. If i just use the lan port in the wall for my pc, then it works fine all the time. Router should be fine aswell, i checked the led on the switch or online in the dashboard many times. The connecting cable between router and switch is always at 1000mpbs.

I dont know which cables are in the wall. I think CAT6 or 7 cables are in there, but definetly a CAT5e or higher, since i get the full 1000mbps. I use other cables for connecting everything tho. They are all mixed together. I even used some other cables for testing everything. Does the mixing of different CAT Cables matter much? They seem to be compatible with each other.

I'll try one more time and buy a new set of CAT6 Cables. Shouldn't be too pricey since i only need 2 0.5m cables to connect everything. 

Our switch(chipset) for the ports may be sensitive to the cable you use. So, our general suggestions for such an issue would be replacing the cable.

You can do the test by a 3ft cable and check this on your PC to the switch.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options