EAP653 is not able to give an IP if the VLAN is configured on a WLAN

EAP653 is not able to give an IP if the VLAN is configured on a WLAN

33 Reply
Re:EAP653 is not able to give an IP if the VLAN is configured on a WLAN
2024-01-21 20:27:11

@MR.S 

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. If you need rest, pls take it! ;)

MBP is ok via Ethernet and it's on System network, since I use it to connect to the OC300 for management, but I was trying the WiFi on the macbook to connect to VLAN 2 Casa to check the connection :) .

I took my picture, but pls explain me what the numbers are! :)

Thank you,

Fra

Options
2024-01-21 21:37:30

@nicolati 

Ok, it seems there is a bug.

Here there is a long discussion on the topic:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeNetworking/comments/q25spb/tplink_omada_devices_connecting_to_vlans_not/

I hope TP Links identify this and fixes the problem.

I have moved my ER605 port connection to port4, so that this port is not a mixed WAN/LAN, but only LAN.

Also, I have enabled all the interfaces in all VLANs.

At least, I did the basics, now I don't know if the thing gets automatically solved once the lease ends up.

Thanks a lot for your time! :)

Fra

Options
2024-01-21 21:44:06

@nicolati 

The numbers are the switch port that device is connected to. I dont know anything about the switch you have  mybee there is a bug in switch,

you have the lates beta on access point same as i use and this is working. so then is the switch, i dont know anything about your model.

so, if everything is updateted and stil not work mybe @Hank21 from tp-link have to look at it. from what i know is everything as it should and whay its not work is a mystery.

Options
2024-01-21 21:51:08

nicolati wrote

@nicolati 

Ok, it seems there is a bug.

Here there is a long discussion on the topic:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeNetworking/comments/q25spb/tplink_omada_devices_connecting_to_vlans_not/

I hope TP Links identify this and fixes the problem.

I have moved my ER605 port connection to port4, so that this port is not a mixed WAN/LAN, but only LAN.

Also, I have enabled all the interfaces in all VLANs.

At least, I did the basics, now I don't know if the thing gets automatically solved once the lease ends up.

Thanks a lot for your time! :)

Fra

@nicolati 

lets hear what @Hank21 have to say about this tomorow... smiley

Options
2024-01-21 23:15:48

@MR.S 

Thx a lot!

Let's wait then!!! :)

Fra

Options
2024-01-22 09:53:59 - last edited 2024-01-22 09:55:14

Hi @nicolati

I noticed there are different clients who obtained different IP subnets from the same SSID, but it can't rule out whether the different clients connected to the different EAPs.

Please check the BSSID on the client devices to confirm which specific SSIDs the clients are connecting.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-01-22 18:27:52

@Hank21 

Hi Hank,

sorry, what is BSSID ?

This is the situation right now.

I have even restarted the Switch and Router. Few things changed by doing this, but nothing that solved completely the thing.

Online on Reddit other people mentions the same issue and is seems related to rules at DHCP server of the switch.

In my case the Switch is SG3428X v1.2 from the box, updated to v1.30 by the latest firmware.

One EAP653 is with the beta 1.0.90 and another with the official 1.0.9 firmware, but I don't think this is an issue. I wanted to try the beta firmware, since the problem seemed to be similar.

Thank you,

Fra

Options
2024-01-22 20:48:30

@nicolati 

I confirm the DHCP server has a bug, but from the controller I cannot say if the router DHCP or Switch DHCP or both are used...

I simply took an iPhone and my MacBook WiFi network and assigned them a static IP from the 192.168.10.x subnet and they work!

So, how can we proceed to further debug this?

P.S.: I'm used to debug with R&D at work every day, so no problem for this! :)

Thank you,

Fra

Options
2024-01-23 02:38:23

Hi @nicolati,

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240145326, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-01-23 06:31:47

@Hank21 

Hi Hank,

I received the mail with the ticket number.

Thanks a lot,

Fra

Options
Related Articles