Policy VPN Routing (Specific traffic down the VPN)

2024-01-23 20:42:33 - last edited 2024-01-26 01:22:37
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3

Hi,

I subscribe to a VPN service called Proton VPN. I'd like to do a few things with this vpn connection and I'm wondering if the ER605 supports.

1. I'd like to make my router a client of the vpn.

2. I'd like to send certain traffic TCP/UPD on specified ports from a specific host down the vpn tunnel

I'm wondering if the omada platform would support such a thing. I see where I can make the router a client of the VPN connection but it appears it will send all traffic from WAN1 to the vpn tunnel. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

If the ER605 is not the correct device which Omada product would be?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Policy VPN Routing (Specific traffic down the VPN)-Solution
2024-01-24 02:01:49 - last edited 2024-01-26 01:22:37

Hi @warllo 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

warllo wrote

Hi,

I subscribe to a VPN service called Proton VPN. I'd like to do a few things with this vpn connection and I'm wondering if the ER605 supports.

2. I'd like to send certain traffic TCP/UPD on specified ports from a specific host down the vpn tunnel

I'm wondering if the omada platform would support such a thing. I see where I can make the router a client of the VPN connection but it appears it will send all traffic from WAN1 to the vpn tunnel. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

1. The router can be a VPN client.

2. It does not support Policy Routing in OVPN or WG VPN tunnel.

3. The Omada product is the same and stays consistent in basic features. If this does not work, none of the other models would work.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Policy VPN Routing (Specific traffic down the VPN)-Solution
2024-01-24 02:01:49 - last edited 2024-01-26 01:22:37

Hi @warllo 

warllo wrote

Hi,

1. The router can be a VPN client.

2. It does not support Policy Routing in OVPN or WG VPN tunnel.

3. The Omada product is the same and stays consistent in basic features. If this does not work, none of the other models would work.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Policy VPN Routing (Specific traffic down the VPN)
2024-01-24 16:05:17 - last edited 2024-01-24 19:09:55

@Clive_A 

Thank you for the response. Is this a feature they will be comming in a future release?

Options
2024-01-25 03:23:46

Hi @warllo 

warllo wrote

@Clive_A 

Thank you for the response. Is this a feature they will be comming in a future release?

ER605 V1 is discontinued due to hardware limit. And we will not add new features to them due to this reason.

Policy Routing in OVPN or WG has been proposed to the team but is under the evaluation phase. I usually get an update quarterly. This was submitted not long ago.

Options
2024-01-25 14:31:32
Thank you for the informative response. Hopefully it will be added. It's the only feature missing preventing me from replacing er605v1 with another Omada product.
Options
2024-01-26 01:24:20

Hi @warllo 

warllo wrote

Thank you for the informative response. Hopefully it will be added. It's the only feature missing preventing me from replacing er605v1 with another Omada product.

It would just go through the basic R&D phase. If it is evaluated as a high priority, it will come out soon. It really depends on what the team thinks. I do hope this will come around soon.

If this was added to other models, you might consider getting a hardware upgrade.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 280

Replies: 5

Related Articles