Problems with Wiregard VPN connection

2024-01-29 11:42:15 - last edited 2024-01-30 09:53:40
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello everybody.

Hope someone can help. I'm trying to set up a wireguard VPN server on my ER7206 router following this guide.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/619652?sortDir=ASC

But I don't make it working....

It seems I'm not getting an IP address. Maybe its because of several VLANs configured on my router, but I don't know how to sort it out.

Here is my setup:

1. VLAN config:

2. Wireguard Config:

3. Mobile Client Config

4. Peer Config

5. VPN Status Info

Two questions now:
1. What is wrong with my config and what needs to be changed to successful connect to my network?

2. How can I control to what VLAN I'm connecting and how can I archive access and routing between them like with local access?

Thank you and BW

Sebastian

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Problems with Wiregard VPN connection-Solution
2024-01-30 01:08:41 - last edited 2024-01-30 09:53:42

Hi @SebastianH 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I would appreciate it if you could read the WG setup guide again.

You really have to be careful with the public key. That's why most people don't get it when they use WG at the beginning.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-30 09:08:08 - last edited 2024-01-30 09:53:40

@Clive_A 

You're right. I had a copy/paste error with the private key..

Now its working. 

Only thing I need to figure out now is how to block access to other VLANs or areas of my network.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
2024-01-30 01:08:41 - last edited 2024-01-30 09:53:42

Hi @SebastianH 

I would appreciate it if you could read the WG setup guide again.

You really have to be careful with the public key. That's why most people don't get it when they use WG at the beginning.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-30 09:08:08 - last edited 2024-01-30 09:53:40

@Clive_A 

Now its working. 

Only thing I need to figure out now is how to block access to other VLANs or areas of my network.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Problems with Wiregard VPN connection
2024-01-30 09:28:33

@SebastianH 

I'm interested in that as well.

I'm trying to configure the ACL for that and it works with all VLANs, but not with access from VPN.

The only way I was able to block access to home VLAN was when I did like: Block access to HomeVLAN from everything that is !HomeVLAN.

Unfortunately, that setting was possible to be made only in standalone router. After i connected OC200 controller, I am no longer able to set any rule with !...

Any ideas? :)

Options
Re:Problems with Wiregard VPN connection
2024-01-30 09:53:35

Hi @SebastianH 

SebastianH wrote

@Clive_A 

Now its working. 

Great to know that you figured that out. It was really bothering me when I learned WG VPN at the very beginning. Even if you have the guide next to you. But you will get to it later on when you deal with it more.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 358

Replies: 4

Related Articles