ER605 V1 with Omada doest not work properly with Linux/HUAWEI Router

ER605 V1 with Omada doest not work properly with Linux/HUAWEI Router

24 Reply
Re:ER605 V1 with Omada doest not work properly with Linux/HUAWEI Router-Solution
2024-04-11 08:27:46 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi @drigo 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

drigo wrote

@Clive_A Hi, its been about 3 months I opened this thread.
No fix so far.

As I said, this router bornt broken.
It never worked as was to be.

Say that it is in EOL state is not valid.

So, lucky that I am not busy today. I spent 3 hours today with the dev and cooperated with her (one of the devs) on this issue.

Preliminarily, we conclude it is an issue with the VLAN from the router being tagged and the Linux failing to receive this. As long as you add a new VLAN interface on the controller, it will be tagged by default.

As it is tagged, Linux does not process it and fails to create the correct ARP as well.

But the dev questioned that if this happens to V1, it should happen to V2 as well. Well, in your very first post, you mentioned that this is not reproduced on your ER605 V2.

As this is the design and expected behavior.

I gotta confirm this again, you have to answer this part as we move along with the dev.

If you add a new VLAN interface to the ER605 V2 from the Omada Controller and set the PVID to the port, the Linux gets the frames/packets well and gets Internet? Without any problems. No issues with the ping to GW or Internet at all?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER605 V1 with Omada doest not work properly with Linux/HUAWEI Router
2024-04-11 13:40:56

@Clive_A Hi, Thanks for your quick answer.

First of all, this behavior only happens with Omada.
The ER605V1 and V2 routers works normally with the WEB interface, without Omada.

Second (and I cannot be 100% sure about this anymore)
Either ER605V1 and V2 had this same problem with Omada in the past.

(But don't remember If its true, neither the firmware or Omada versions used).

Now, with the lastest versions of firmware and Omada on both routers, only V1 has this issue.
The V2 works as expected.

The V1 with Omada always had this problem and continue to.
Both routers without Omada works normally.

Options
Re:ER605 V1 with Omada doest not work properly with Linux/HUAWEI Router
3 weeks ago

Hi @drigo 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

drigo wrote

@Clive_A Hi, Thanks for your quick answer.

First of all, this behavior only happens with Omada.
The ER605V1 and V2 routers works normally with the WEB interface, without Omada.

Second (and I cannot be 100% sure about this anymore)
Either ER605V1 and V2 had this same problem with Omada in the past.

(But don't remember If its true, neither the firmware or Omada versions used).

Now, with the lastest versions of firmware and Omada on both routers, only V1 has this issue.
The V2 works as expected.

The V1 with Omada always had this problem and continue to.
Both routers without Omada works normally.

No. V2 does NOT work properly.

Something you wrote is NOT accurate. I tested it today and I found out it was the same behavior. I expect you to be accurate in your description but it isn't.

This is a universal system for the VLAN interface as I discussed with the dev. That was what I thought earlier. So, if you are telling me this works for V2, I suspect whether you did the same setup on the V2.

It is still the reason that has been explained previously. It is not a problem with the router function. It is because the port is tagged so that Linux cannot process it. VLAN function and the whole system are intact.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:ER605 V1 with Omada doest not work properly with Linux/HUAWEI Router-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi @drigo

It is a problem with the Omada Controller which fails to correctly set the port as untagged when PVID is set.

Dev shared the info that ETA V5.15 will optimize this. You can pay attention to the firmware release in the future.

As a reminder, we are not able to give a specific date for a beta or official firmware release. Nor can we guarantee an ETA for the firmware. We recommend you subscribe for the Get the Latest Firmware Releases for Omada Routers Here - Subscribe for Updates.

Recommended Solution
Options
Related Articles