ER7206 - fail over doesn't.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-01 11:05:49
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20240117 Rel.57421

The firmware was just updated last night to this release so I haven't tested with this version yet, however I was having issues with the fail over not seeing when the primary Internet was down. It's like it was pinging the hardware (which remained up and running) rather than attempting to get a heartbeat from something like a dns or google server . If you are just grabbing a heartbeat from my local hardware box that att is providing, it's going to say it exists 99.9% of the time, but that doesn't mean it is providing Internet to me.

Does this firmware release address this ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:ER7206 - fail over doesn't.
2024-02-02 01:42:48

Hi @Doc757 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

There is no firmware to address that.

I still have a lot of questions about your description.

1. Read the KB about the load balance and online detection. It does not switch for a reason.

2. Will you still get ping to 8.8.8.8 during your so-called "Internet down"? Have you tried it? ping 8.8.8.8 -t and screenshot for me if you need to discuss this issue and believe the router is faulty.

3. What's the error message on your web?

4. Internet status on the router's page? Do you use the controller to manage your router? Is it showing up as online or offline? Standalone mode, you should check the online detection page.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 241

Replies: 1

Related Articles