Change equipment and keep setup
2024-02-02 01:08:01 - last edited 2024-02-04 08:26:56
Model: Deco M5   Deco X50 - PoE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: O

Hi.  

I have a Deco M5 network. 

All of the are on AP mode.

I'm planing to change all of them to 3 AX3000 Deco X50.

How can I do it and keep all my current settings ? I have some customizations, like IOT network, devices names, blocks, etc...  Is it as simple as turning it on and setup my tplink account to it ??? 

Thanks 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Change equipment and keep setup-Solution
2024-02-02 13:55:05 - last edited 2024-02-04 08:26:56

@alexantao 

This is how you can make the swap while keeping all current settings:

1. Add Deco X50 as a new Main Deco to your Deco M5 mesh: How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco, follow Case 2 form that FAQ;

2. Add remaining Deco X50 as Satellite Deco. You might not need to do anything else but just power on these remaining Deco and wait few minutes until they join Deco mesh. If they don't, see:  How to add an additional unit to your Deco network.

3. Delete M5s in Deco app, that will also factory reset them: How Do I Reboot or Reset My System?, follow Reset a Deco Unit from that FAQ;

Done.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Change equipment and keep setup-Solution
2024-02-02 13:55:05 - last edited 2024-02-04 08:26:56

@alexantao 

This is how you can make the swap while keeping all current settings:

1. Add Deco X50 as a new Main Deco to your Deco M5 mesh: How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco, follow Case 2 form that FAQ;

2. Add remaining Deco X50 as Satellite Deco. You might not need to do anything else but just power on these remaining Deco and wait few minutes until they join Deco mesh. If they don't, see:  How to add an additional unit to your Deco network.

3. Delete M5s in Deco app, that will also factory reset them: How Do I Reboot or Reset My System?, follow Reset a Deco Unit from that FAQ;

Done.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 166

Replies: 1

Related Articles