Omada SDN Controller_V5.14 Pre-release (Released on Feb 29th, 2024)

Omada SDN Controller_V5.14 Pre-release (Released on Feb 29th, 2024)

32 Reply
Re:Omada SDN Controller_V5.14 Pre-release (Released on Feb 29th, 2024)
2024-03-27 14:38:46

@Hank21 

Theres an issue with the time and date when If theres a blackout and it takes like more than hour for the electricity to be back the time and date will not sync properly and it would cause the voucher to be buggy. Lets say the blackout occurs at 10am and it goes back around 4pm and 5 people have 1 hour voucher with pause time activated, when i checked the time it will stay at the time that the blackout occurs which is 10am instead of 4pm. People who have voucher will have unlimited time instead of having a limited time for 1 hour. Its buggy and i need to resync the controller time in order for the voucher not to be buggy

Options
2024-03-30 16:19:22

@Hank21 

I was out of town this week... I finally got back and realized all my wireless vlans were set to 1.  Everything was landing in the core.  

Everything still worked like usual.  But changing the wireless VLAN tag to the Network, fired it back up.

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2024-04-01 18:03:14

I tried to backup and restore from one install to another (both this version) but it always fails to restore from the backup. I had to set everything up again manually. Seems like an issue if a backup can't be restored onto the exact same version?

Options
2024-04-02 01:55:10

MrAdministrator wrote

I tried to backup and restore from one install to another (both this version) but it always fails to restore from the backup. I had to set everything up again manually. Seems like an issue if a backup can't be restored onto the exact same version?

Hi@MrAdministrator 

Are you using the software controller? What is the version of them? Please help to send the screenshot about the page you browse the backup file and the screenshot of error message. Thanks!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-04-02 20:40:17 - last edited 2024-04-02 20:41:03

Hank21 wrote

MrAdministrator wrote

Hi@MrAdministrator 

Are you using the software controller? What is the version of them? Please help to send the screenshot about the page you browse the backup file and the screenshot of error message. Thanks!

Yeah I am using the 5.14.0.11 Linux deb package. Installed on a RPi 4B on latest OS, trying to restore onto an RPi 5 on latest OS, also with 

5.14.0.11 Linux deb package. I have confirmed both report identical versions in System Settings.

I've tried creating and restoring any which-way I can come up with, including from the migration wizard on the RPi 4 controller and importing the backup file during setup of the RPi 5 controller. I have also tried it the way pictured below.

========================================

Backing up from RPi 4 controller

Restoring onto RPi 5 controller

Error during restore

Are there some logs I should look at to see if something is being logged out here?

Options
2024-04-03 19:12:38

@MrAdministrator 

Normally this problem occurs to linux, containers and dockers with wrong java lib. only max ver. 11 is allowed to get restore work. with 17 and above restore wont work. Had this problem some time ago. New install and creation works perfectly, what makes the whole thing looks strange...

Options
2024-04-04 14:16:31 - last edited 2024-04-04 14:16:44

kogan wrote

@MrAdministrator 

Normally this problem occurs to linux, containers and dockers with wrong java lib. only max ver. 11 is allowed to get restore work. with 17 and above restore wont work. Had this problem some time ago. New install and creation works perfectly, what makes the whole thing looks strange...

This must be the problem. I followed the guide from the thread here to install on RPi, which installs Java 17. I'll try to downgrade Java versions and see if I can get a restore to work

Options
3 weeks ago

I confirmed switching java from 17 to 11 solved the restore issue. Sadly java 11 is no longer part of the default app store for debian bookworm, so adding the unstable repository to install it was necessary.

Options
3 weeks ago

MrAdministrator wrote

I confirmed switching java from 17 to 11 solved the restore issue. Sadly java 11 is no longer part of the default app store for debian bookworm, so adding the unstable repository to install it was necessary.

Hi @MrAdministrator 

Thanks for your update. Our R&D department has noticed this restore issue between Java 17 and the latest several controller versions. And we can expect a new version release in the near future that may resolve this issue. But please note that whether it can be resolved in the near future is not guaranteed. Please keep an eye on the forum or our official website about the updates. 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
3 weeks ago

@Hank21 https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3386 tells me "Oops! The page you're looking for can't be found"

Options