Camera Going Offline From Local Account but Not TP-Link ID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-21 05:09:18 - last edited 2024-05-19 10:01:51
Model: VIGI C540-W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.4 Build 230829

I have just purchased this camera and am new to all of this, so could be user error, but I have added my camera into the VIGI Security Manager twice, once into Local Account and once into my TP-Link ID, so that I can monitor from the android app, bust also record locally to the computer (I don't want to use the SD card). This works fine at first, but after a while the camera starts to appear offline on the local account but it's still working for the TP-Link ID account. Deleting and re-adding to the local account doesn't fix this, it still comes up as offline. How do I fix this?

Also is there a way to do event recording on local computer storage?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Camera Going Offline From Local Account but Not TP-Link ID-Solution
2024-05-17 09:24:39 - last edited 2024-05-19 10:01:48
I thought I had responded, my apologies. Went an bought an NVR. Thank you.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Camera Going Offline From Local Account but Not TP-Link ID
2024-03-22 01:59:32 - last edited 2024-03-22 03:15:01

Hi @Brad96 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Event recording is a proprietary feature on the NVR. VSM on Windows does not support that.

Local account, you mean under the same network? It shows up as offline?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:Camera Going Offline From Local Account but Not TP-Link ID-Solution
2024-05-17 09:24:39 - last edited 2024-05-19 10:01:48
I thought I had responded, my apologies. Went an bought an NVR. Thank you.
Recommended Solution
Options