connection between KVM Over IP

2024-03-28 19:40:22 - last edited 2024-04-01 02:54:05
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.0.8 Build 20240115 Rel.72847

Hallo Commits,

maybe there is somebody who can help me with my trouble. Task: sending PC screen via HDMI-signal via LAN IP to TV HDMI port. The problem is how to send the signal over the switch TL-SG2428P. Equipment is a HD KVM over IP Extender / HD KVM over IP Receiver. The switch works with DHCP and both got an IP, but the desktop screen doesn't show up on TV. I believe there is a wrong setting in the switch. When I connect both without swicht directly by LAN then its working.

Many Thanks folks

Duke 71

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:connection between KVM Over IP-Solution
2024-03-29 02:47:06 - last edited 2024-04-01 02:54:05

Hi @Duke71 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

That could be a problem with the settings. But I have to know what kind of transmission that is.

Usually, the video push should be multicast/unicast. Mostly. So, if you say that when the switch is placed in between and it does not work, that might be an issue.

Yet, I want to know what if an unmanaged switch is placed in between, will it work? If you have an unmanaged switch.

If possible, be more specific, you can Wireshark and let me know what type of connection is pushed from your video source, that would be great.

e.g. I mean, things like this. Not necessary to be ARP. Destination usually is the multicast IP or something like this.

How to capture packets using Wireshark on SMB router or switch

How to Use Port Mirror to Capture Packets in the Controller

Additionally, update, can you paste a diagram of your network as well? Simple as KVM--SW--IP TV? Any VLANs? Hope you can mark the IP as well in the diagram if necessary.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:connection between KVM Over IP-Solution
2024-03-29 02:47:06 - last edited 2024-04-01 02:54:05

Hi @Duke71 

That could be a problem with the settings. But I have to know what kind of transmission that is.

Usually, the video push should be multicast/unicast. Mostly. So, if you say that when the switch is placed in between and it does not work, that might be an issue.

Yet, I want to know what if an unmanaged switch is placed in between, will it work? If you have an unmanaged switch.

If possible, be more specific, you can Wireshark and let me know what type of connection is pushed from your video source, that would be great.

e.g. I mean, things like this. Not necessary to be ARP. Destination usually is the multicast IP or something like this.

How to capture packets using Wireshark on SMB router or switch

How to Use Port Mirror to Capture Packets in the Controller

Additionally, update, can you paste a diagram of your network as well? Simple as KVM--SW--IP TV? Any VLANs? Hope you can mark the IP as well in the diagram if necessary.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:connection between KVM Over IP
2024-04-01 17:17:34

@Clive_A 

Hey Clive_A, sorry for waiting for my answer, it was family holiday and so on my taska were different.

So, to you question. I had download wireshark and find out the switch gave both via HDCP his own IP but the dosn't connect together. I make some screen shot later, because I had some trouble after installing wireshark - my connection to the internet was out of order after installing.  So I had to clean first, to get connection again.

For understanding my fritzbox its works in IP 192.168.... and via routing in a supnet with the switch as DHCP Server in VLAN 1 IP 10.10...... and one Telephon 10.20..... VLAN and VLAN for Computer, Printer and NAS.  The Fritzbox works in main as DHCP only for WLAN for some components like washmaschine, cleanrobot e.g.

In  picture you can see the specification from transceiver. 

The next days I try again with wireshark to find more details.

Maybe you can see already my missunderstanding for that problem.

thanks

Duke71

File:
HD-KVM Over IP.jpgDownload
Options
2024-04-04 18:40:21

screen Caption

@Duke71 

Hi again,

now some datails more to the connection. I keep run both in network 10.... via DHCP over switch. wireshark find out that both Transceiver and Receiver got a IP 10.10.10.1 and 10.10.10.2 you can see on screenshots but destination is different and I don't know why. Tranceiver is fixed also as DHCP. Maybe someone has I idea.

Many thanks

Options
2024-04-05 17:16:50
Hello, I had fixed the problem. Thanks all best Duke71
Options
2024-04-07 03:37:34

Hi @Duke71 

Duke71 wrote

Hello, I had fixed the problem. Thanks all best Duke71

What would be the reason for this? Can you share your method to resolve this?

Options