Option 66 does not get passed on to dhcp clients.

3 weeks ago
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

The issue " Option 66 does not get passed on to dhcp clients. " is still open but comments are closed.

Is there a plan to support this in Omada? It's clearly a useful functionality that is not working.

Ref: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/641862?sortDir=ASC&page=2

Thanks in advance

Options
3 Reply
Re: Option 66 does not get passed on to dhcp clients.
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@odyodyodys 

There is a beta firmware lurking around here.

if you are using a Linux Imaging server.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/613880?replyId=1340842

Edit:  I have a 7206 that 66 works against SCCM/MDT.  I have no tested the 8411 against SCCM.  I think the above link is not related to SCCM.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @odyodyodys 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I hope you can read what is discussed in that post. It is not about the DHCP Options 66 and 67.

Please feel free to Wireshark and show me the DHCP Options 66 and 67 missing. And I'll escalate it if you can show me that. I'll also get one ER8411 from the warehouse to perform further tests on your description if you have a result for me.

But, if you are talking about the Next Server, which is discussed in that specific post you linked, and is what troubles most users, you should change the title of your post as it does not reflect the fact and topic we have here.

Next Server is scheduled in Q3. https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/663120?replyId=1345312

Even if there is an advanced beta, that's going to be in standalone mode.

If it is the Next Server, please stop spamming such a topic on DHCP Option 66.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
3 weeks ago
Thanks for the reply and sorry for not specifying what is not working regarding Option 66. Our case is the same as in this thread in regards to PXE, though in our case we are trying to use netboot xyz from github. The results are the same, the gateway is received as option 66 and not the PXE ip as specified in the option. And if I am not describing the situation in detail, it is exactly what is discussed in the above link. On our company we only have one ER8411 and is not in standalone mode. This limits us to only use non-beta firmware and only in non-standalone mode. Since there are people saying that the beta firmware has worked for them, we are eager to seeing this coming out of the beta and be supported in Omada SDN. Do you have any insights on if/when this is happening?
Options