I can connect to the OpenVPN Server but I can't access the local network

2024-04-22 17:48:02
Tags: #VPN
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I can connect to the OpenVPN Server configured with Omada Controller, but I can't access the local network 

I configured my Client-to-site VPN access and I can connect well (I am testing the connection with my phone not connected to my local area network wifi). 

The problem is that I can't access any of the servers located on my local network or the router.

I watch and read many tutorials and I don’t see what step may I be missing. I even tried changing the port from UPD to TCP to see if that fixed the situation but the problem persists. 

Am I missing something?

Info from my setup:

Router: TL-R605 v1.0 Version: TL-R605 v1.0

Switch: SG2008 v4.20 Version: SG2008 v4.20

No VLANS, just a simple network configuration.

Local Network: 192.168.50.0/24

VPNNetwork: 192.168.17.0/24

VPN Configuration:

Options
3 Reply
Re:I can connect to the OpenVPN Server but I can't access the local network
2024-04-23 11:30:10

Hi @Jenlink 

Please try the full mode when setting the VPN. You can inform us the result if you select full mode.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-04-24 15:02:04

Hi  @Hank21, I tried full mode too, but the behavior persists. 

During this time I have done some other troubleshooting and was able to make it work from the client perspective.

I stopped using the officials OpenVPN clients and I started using an open source OpenVPN client on my android phone and after a basic cypher adjustment, I was able to connect to the VPN server, and browse my internal network (HTTP server, windows shares, etc)

I did that too on my computer, and I was able to connect too, and browse my server.

I don't know why the official Open VPNs clients didn't work with the VPN server, but the other clients work totally fine. Furthermore, I will keep digging about this and provide feedback if I can found the reason why.

Options
2024-04-24 15:48:55

@Jenlink 

therefore OpenVPN does not work with OpenVPN connect on mobile

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/653224

Options