Cannot find WIFI 6 network on my laptop

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Archer AXE5400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.9 Build

Hello everyone, as the Title says, I have tried things for hours to get my Wifi-6 to work

However, without success, I cannot find it on my Laptop and I have fully checked that my laptop supports it. 

My network card clearly says: Killer Wi-Fi 6 Network adapter. And my laptop supports it.

But i cannot find the SSID. And i have last Windows 11 installed on my laptop.

And i have looked into TP-Link configuration and it is clearly "on" and the "SSID" it not hidden.

I do not understand what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best Regards

Math

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot find WIFI 6 network on my laptop-Solution

@math341c 

To verify your card supports Wi-Fi 6 802.11AX connect it to one of the visible SSIDs of your AXE5400 and then show the "Properties" of the connection. It should show Wi-Fi 6 for both, the 2.4 GHz SSID and the 5 GHz SSID, like in the screenshots below.

However, if you are talking about the 6 GHz band supported by the AXE5400, then you need a wireless adapter that supports "Wi-Fi 6E". (the E being all important here)

According to Intel's webpage the Killer AX1650i only supports the Bands 2.4 and 5 GHz.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/211610/intel-killer-wifi-6-ax1650-is/specifications.html

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Cannot find WIFI 6 network on my laptop
3 weeks ago

@math341c 

Hi,

To be able to see the 6 GHz SSID of the Archer AXE5400 you would need to have a "Killer Wi-Fi 6E ... Wireless Network Adapter" installed in your laptop.

Can you please also tell us the exact model number of your Killer Wi-Fi adapter? (it should be shown where I put the three dots in the above sentence)

Options
3 weeks ago

@woozle 

KIller Wifi-6 AX1650I 160 Mhz

In advanced tab it says it supports: 802.11n/AC/AX. 

So i do not understand why it does not support ?

Best Regards

MAth

Options
Re:Cannot find WIFI 6 network on my laptop-Solution

@math341c 

To verify your card supports Wi-Fi 6 802.11AX connect it to one of the visible SSIDs of your AXE5400 and then show the "Properties" of the connection. It should show Wi-Fi 6 for both, the 2.4 GHz SSID and the 5 GHz SSID, like in the screenshots below.

However, if you are talking about the 6 GHz band supported by the AXE5400, then you need a wireless adapter that supports "Wi-Fi 6E". (the E being all important here)

According to Intel's webpage the Killer AX1650i only supports the Bands 2.4 and 5 GHz.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/211610/intel-killer-wifi-6-ax1650-is/specifications.html

Recommended Solution
Options
3 weeks ago

@woozle 

Oh okay, in that case i don't have it. My mistake.

Thanks for help.

Best Regards

Math

Options
3 weeks ago

@math341c 

Hi, for your reference: What if my device failed to detect the 6 GHz Wi-Fi Band

@woozle 

Thanks for your troubleshooting suggestions!

Options