RTP-Info seq field set incorrectly

2024-05-26 13:38:00 - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: VIGI C430  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.2

Hi,

I am trying to use TP-Link Vigi camera with gstreamer to display the video in almost real-time on another display. Unfortunately, the video streams only successfully sometimes.

I was able to track the problem down to an incorrect initial sequence number field inside the response of the camera upon a PLAY request. According to RFC 2326 the seq field inside the response should be the initial sequence number of the following RTP packets. However, my TP-Link Vigi camera always returns "RTP-Info: url=rtsp://10.1.0.133:554/stream2/track1;seq=1;rtptime=0,url=rtsp://10.1.0.133:554/stream2/track2;seq=1;rtptime=0", while the following RTP packets start at a packet number inequal to 1.

Is there any setting I am overlooking or is it just non-RFC compliant behaviour of the firmware which should be fixed?

Best regards,
Morian

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:RTP-Info seq field set incorrectly-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

TP-Link fixed this bug with the newest beta version 2.0.3. According to their email, the fix will be pushed into the next stable firmware version.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:RTP-Info seq field set incorrectly
2024-05-27 05:59:15

Hi @momosomium 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240549020, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:RTP-Info seq field set incorrectly-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

TP-Link fixed this bug with the newest beta version 2.0.3. According to their email, the fix will be pushed into the next stable firmware version.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 138

Replies: 2

Related Articles