ER605 VLAN Setup

ER605 VLAN Setup
ER605 VLAN Setup
2024-05-31 00:34:35
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.4 Build 20240119 Rel.44368

Hello Team, 

I have the following home setup, and I am looking for a way to segregate some devices from the rest of the network. For instance, I have a couple of smart relay devices, and I want to isolate them from the rest of my network, as well as add some speed limitations there. 

The environment I have is as follows: 

ONT Modem > ER605 > 2x EAP615-Wall AX1800 (directly connected to 2 LAN ports of the ER605). 

Typically, I would use VLAN isolation, however I am still new to the Omada network environment, and I couldn't find a way to set this up on the ER605.

Please let me know if this is possible, or if there are other options to set this up (through Guest WLANs etc). 

Thanks all! 

Options
5 Reply
Re:ER605 VLAN Setup
2024-05-31 01:07:50

wdamyanov wrote

Hello Team, 

I have the following home setup, and I am looking for a way to segregate some devices from the rest of the network. For instance, I have a couple of smart relay devices, and I want to isolate them from the rest of my network, as well as add some speed limitations there. 

The environment I have is as follows: 

ONT Modem > ER605 > 2x EAP615-Wall AX1800 (directly connected to 2 LAN ports of the ER605). 

Typically, I would use VLAN isolation, however I am still new to the Omada network environment, and I couldn't find a way to set this up on the ER605.

Please let me know if this is possible, or if there are other options to set this up (through Guest WLANs etc). 

Thanks all! 

Hi @wdamyanov 

If there are only a few devices will be isolated, you can just try to create a separate SSID for these devices and enable the guest network on the SSID.

If you would rather, here is the set up video of the whole VLAN network with ACL, you can refer to the steps and make the configuration on the controller.

https://youtu.be/-mkU3rI9coE

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-05-31 05:30:54

@Hank21 

Hi Hank, thanks for the quick reply, and thanks for the video. I was under the impression that I need a downstream switch between the ER605 and the Acess Points for the VLAN option to work. I'll take a look right now, as I had mostly given up on the VLAN setup, and I could find uses for other applications too. 

Thanks again, will keep you in the loop if I run into any issues. 

Best regards, 

Vladislav

Options
2024-06-03 01:57:53

Hi  @wdamyanov 

wdamyanov wrote

@Hank21 

Hi Hank, thanks for the quick reply, and thanks for the video. I was under the impression that I need a downstream switch between the ER605 and the Acess Points for the VLAN option to work. I'll take a look right now, as I had mostly given up on the VLAN setup, and I could find uses for other applications too. 

Thanks again, will keep you in the loop if I run into any issues. 

Best regards, 

Vladislav

Not only for VLAN. A downstream switch is necessary here because EAP615-Wall requires standard PoE as power supply. My suggestion is SG2008P. 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-06-03 07:37:54

@Fae, I actually went with 2x EAP653 AX3000 and PoE injector TL-POE160S to power the access points up. I was poking around the ER605 router, and it seems that VLANs can be managed without an additional switch, although I still haven't had the chance to test it out. Will give feedback whether it works or not later. 

Options
2024-06-03 08:05:48

Hi @wdamyanov 

Yes, VLANs can be managed without an additional switch. Good to know you already have the PoE injector. 

If you need any further help, feel free to let us know.

wdamyanov wrote

@Fae, I actually went with 2x EAP653 AX3000 and PoE injector TL-POE160S to power the access points up. I was poking around the ER605 router, and it seems that VLANs can be managed without an additional switch, although I still haven't had the chance to test it out. Will give feedback whether it works or not later. 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options