OC200 controller is disconnected, the Wi-Fi speed increases

2024-06-06 10:13:34
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.29.21

I have an internal network with an OC200 controller , ER7206 V1 and 2 EAP620 HD V1 installed.

When the controller is disconnected, the Wi-Fi speed increases significantly. However, when I reconnect the controller, the speed drops noticeably to below 100

This problem did not exist, before the last update, when I updated the controller to the latest version, the controller never appeared on the Omada app, so I did a factory reset of the controller, router and EAPs , and it turned out that the speed problem appeared recently.

Can you help me to solve this problem.

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:OC200 controller is disconnected, the Wi-Fi speed increases
2024-06-07 00:44:29

Hi @MazenBE 

MazenBE wrote

I have an internal network with an OC200 controller , ER7206 V1 and 2 EAP620 HD V1 installed.

When the controller is disconnected, the Wi-Fi speed increases significantly. However, when I reconnect the controller, the speed drops noticeably to below 100

This problem did not exist, before the last update, when I updated the controller to the latest version, the controller never appeared on the Omada app, so I did a factory reset of the controller, router and EAPs , and it turned out that the speed problem appeared recently.

Can you help me to solve this problem.

Thank you

Could you please share us the firmware version of your EAPs? 

Please help check the following things:

1. On Controller Devices list->choose the EAP->Right menu->Details->Uplink(Wired)->Negotiated Speed

Does it show 1000Mps, or actually turn to 100Mbps;

2. Create a test 5Ghz only SSID, no 6Ghz. Security choose WPS2-PSK, and disable PMF.

Link up this test wifi and run speedtest again.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options