Inquiry about ER605 v2 Capablities

2024-06-08 15:47:39 - last edited 2024-06-11 02:47:25
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi, I about to get buy the ER605 but have some questions.

1. Can I connect to 2 Wireguard servers as client and use policy routing to route some users' traffic to those servers (IPV4 + IPV6)?

2. Can it handle Bittorrent usage without any performance degradation?

3. Using ACL, Wireguard, policy routing, possibly QoS, and bandwidth control, will I be able to achieve WAN to LAN throughput at my internet speed (700Mbps down / 600Mbps up)?

4. Can it be left on for long periods of time without performance degradation/restart? We leave our current router on for months.

Based on standalone web interface emulator https://emulator.tp-link.com/5.11-605v2/index.html that I tried, no.1 is possible right?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Inquiry about ER605 v2 Capablities-Solution
2024-06-11 02:47:17 - last edited 2024-06-11 02:47:25

Hi @Jeremy211 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Jeremy211 wrote

1. Can I connect to 2 Wireguard servers as client and use policy routing to route some users' traffic to those servers (IPV4 + IPV6)?

3. Using ACL, Wireguard, policy routing, possibly QoS, and bandwidth control, will I be able to achieve WAN to LAN throughput at my internet speed (700Mbps down / 600Mbps up)?

4. Can it be left on for long periods of time without performance degradation/restart? We leave our current router on for months.

Based on standalone web interface emulator https://emulator.tp-link.com/5.11-605v2/index.html that I tried, no.1 is possible right?

1. No. PBR is not supported in the Wireguard tunnel yet.

2. It depends on your ISP or your source quality instead of the router. If you are referring to the NAT type, ours is NAT4.

3. Should be. But since you asked this, you should know that performance may vary due to the entries you have. It is inevitable but avoidable.

4. Yes. AFAIK, I have kept my test environment powered on for months now.

The emulator is not always up-to-date. It is only for informational purposes. But, you are correct on this one. PBR is not available to OVPN tunnel either.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Inquiry about ER605 v2 Capablities-Solution
2024-06-11 02:47:17 - last edited 2024-06-11 02:47:25

Hi @Jeremy211 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Jeremy211 wrote

1. No. PBR is not supported in the Wireguard tunnel yet.

2. It depends on your ISP or your source quality instead of the router. If you are referring to the NAT type, ours is NAT4.

3. Should be. But since you asked this, you should know that performance may vary due to the entries you have. It is inevitable but avoidable.

4. Yes. AFAIK, I have kept my test environment powered on for months now.

The emulator is not always up-to-date. It is only for informational purposes. But, you are correct on this one. PBR is not available to OVPN tunnel either.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 251

Replies: 1

Related Articles