ER7206 - Wireguard "Allowed Address" issue

ER7206 - Wireguard "Allowed Address" issue

36 Reply
Re:ER7206 - Wireguard "Allowed Address" issue
2 weeks ago

Thanks for your response.

I tried to add peers as you mentioned but it didn't work either.

FYI, the existing router ( openwrt ) which I used doesn't require any kind of changes in the peer. I am not blaming on TP-link. just trying to give you a clear picture.

I don't need to access my WG server LAN. I just wanted to access the peers connecting through WG server.

this is the screen shot of WG server config, do you think it need changes ?

Options
2 weeks ago

@Navas1 

As the data center server?

We don't support iptables. I am not sure why WG would contain the iptables in the interface.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2 weeks ago

@Navas1 

WG server, data center

[Interface]
PrivateKey = key
Address = 192.168.4.1/32
ListenPort = 51820

[Peer]
# Router1
PublicKey = key1
AllowedIPs = 192.168.0.0/24

[Peer]
# Router2
PublicKey = key2
AllowedIPs = 192.168.1.0/24

Are you sure that you configured in this way?

For the Router 1 and 2, you can add, e.g.:

[Interface]
PrivateKey = key
Address = 192.168.4.8/32

[Peer]
# WireGuard Server
PublicKey = key
Endpoint = center:51820
AllowedIPs = 192.168.4.1/32, 192.168.1.0/24
PersistentKeepalive = 25

Just like what I described earlier but with an additional 192.168.4.1/32. If this does not work, I run out of ideas.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2 weeks ago

Thank you for your reponse, appreciated.

Sorry, just one question.

I am running ER7206 as a standalone router, I only have option for adding one subnet, should I use router to SDN module to add additional subnets ?

Options
2 weeks ago

@Navas1 

If you have read my guides, this is self-evident. Standalone and controller mode have its own advantages in certain situations.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Navas1 

Thank you for your response, let me connect my router to a SDN software controller and will keep you updated.

Options
Related Articles