two router connected to a smart switch

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: TL-SG1210MPE  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.6

Hello to everyone,

Please let me know if would be possible to connect to the TL-SG1210MPE smart switch to routers so I can communicate to both of them; attached a diagram

Tks in advance for any help

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:two router connected to a smart switch-Solution

Hi @ESM60 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

This description is not clear.

First, the switch can only get a single IP address from the router A and B unless you have configure them into a different VLAN.

For the default VLAN 1, you only get one IP from them.

The other one should be placed in another VLAN. Or it does not work because it gets an IP one at a time. It could switch between A and B.

Then, do you intend to place them in different VLANs? A and B.

Second, for the ETH3 4 5, that VLAN config and DHCP would be fine. But this switch does not support Static Routing and DHCP.

Overall, I don't think it is possible.

In the end, I recommend you read what solution and configuration we have on the forum. Something might do what you need in a simpler way. With your current devices, not everything is possible. It is not a matter of the switch but your router.

Not to mention this is a layer 2 switch with very basic config.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:two router connected to a smart switch-Solution

Hi @ESM60 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

This description is not clear.

First, the switch can only get a single IP address from the router A and B unless you have configure them into a different VLAN.

For the default VLAN 1, you only get one IP from them.

The other one should be placed in another VLAN. Or it does not work because it gets an IP one at a time. It could switch between A and B.

Then, do you intend to place them in different VLANs? A and B.

Second, for the ETH3 4 5, that VLAN config and DHCP would be fine. But this switch does not support Static Routing and DHCP.

Overall, I don't think it is possible.

In the end, I recommend you read what solution and configuration we have on the forum. Something might do what you need in a simpler way. With your current devices, not everything is possible. It is not a matter of the switch but your router.

Not to mention this is a layer 2 switch with very basic config.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:two router connected to a smart switch
a week ago

@ESM60 

Hello,

Tks for the tips. Well I will set up a simpler configuration (2 small unmanaged switches each to its own router) Maybe this requires a more powerful fully managed switch but it is not a must for me at this point. Anyway tks agian for your support and pls close this case.

Enrico

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 69

Replies: 2

Related Articles