Restrict traffic on Backup Wan

2024-06-19 23:09:31 - last edited 2024-06-20 01:28:50
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

My backup wan is metered and I'm allocated 2GB/month before i start getting charged for usage.   The 2 gb would be plenty if i could either exclude my guest network traffic from it, or if i could only allow access to certain websites.  Every method i've tried affects both wan connections.  How do i set this up so I don't get charged for usage that i do not need to be on the backup wan?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Restrict traffic on Backup Wan
2024-06-20 01:28:31

Hi @Psb4me 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I think you can try this: use the link back up.

But link backup switches all the clients.

Then, you should also use Policy Routing to route all of your guests to the primary WAN which if it fails, stays no Internet.

We don't have a meter system so you should ask your ISP to stop providing Internet if the plan limit is reached.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options