AirPrint to IoT

AirPrint to IoT

AirPrint to IoT
AirPrint to IoT
Sunday

Apologies, newbie to IoT networks etc. 

Just upgraded from my ISP's own router to a BE65 mesh system which I setup yesterday. 
I have a main and an IoT network, with my AirPrint enabled HP LaserJet set up on the IoT network. The printer seemed to access the internet fine as it found a firmware update and installed it. 
I've just tried to print from my iPhone via AirPrint and it cannot find the printer. 
I'm assuming it has something to do with the IoT network being called Deco IoT and the main network being called Deco Wi-Fi?
Will I need to move the printer to the main network to access it via my iPhone? Or is there another way to AirPrint from my phone on the main network and the printer on the IoT network. 
Thanks for helping :-)

Options
2 Reply
Re:AirPrint to IoT
Monday

@MNB_NZ 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

The IOT network is actually not separated from the main network so iPhone should be able to locate the printer via Airprint.

Are you able to constantly reproduce this issue?

Did it make any different when iPhone and HP printer are connected to different Deco BE85?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:AirPrint to IoT
Monday

@David-TP 

Problem solved ... age old time tested solution of resetting it, turning it off and back on again, and re-connecting to the IoT network. 
Now if I'm on my main network, it automatically finds the printer on the IoT network. 
No idea how this works... very clever. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 63

Replies: 2

Related Articles