firstsetup help

firstsetup help
firstsetup help
Monday - last edited Monday
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,hardware is just arrived

I have 7 ap eap610,an er7206 router, the oc200 controller and the 8port poe switch

It is a totally new system and i would like some help in the step to configure the whole system

First thing i have given my ip to the router, and reserve for dhcp lease the ip address for the switch and the oc200

Now..how shall i go on? I need to have to 7 ap working in a bar so that people will always be connected to the same wifi  network without experiencing any signal loss

SHall i first configure the oc200 and then the ap?for now the basic configuration of the router can be ok( i think)

All ap are connected to the poe,soit is a wired connection for them

thanks for help!

Options
4 Reply
Re:firstsetup help
Monday

@stefanocps 

With Omada, you build the entire network system in the controller.  The controller then pushes the configuration to your router, switch(es), and APs based on your defined WAN, LAN, SSID etc.

There is no point directly configuring any device other than the controller as its config will be overwritten/overridden when it is adopted by the controller.

I strongly recommend you leave the default subnet and management VLAN alone (192.168.0

0/24 and VLAN1 respectively) which is used by your network devices.  Create additional LAN subnets as needed and then map your SSIDs to those.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Monday - last edited Monday

ok i have "adopted" router and 1 ap i am using for test. Icannot find the switch in the lis though..any idea?

also the rputer configuration in omad ais limited..i cannot setup the dhcp lanfor example, 

eventually need to understand if it is usefull to create vlan for the wifi network 

Options
Tuesday

Hi @stefanocps 

You may refer to this setup video:

How to Set Up the Whole Network of Gateway, Switches, and EAPs Using Omada SDN Controller

stefanocps wrote

ok i have "adopted" router and 1 ap i am using for test. Icannot find the switch in the lis though..any idea?

also the rputer configuration in omad ais limited..i cannot setup the dhcp lanfor example, 

eventually need to understand if it is usefull to create vlan for the wifi network 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Yesterday - last edited Yesterday

@Fae thanks..watching

there is one thing though

i don't like the router to be controlled by oc200 as i cannot access to many function i might need

For example..i want to setup a vpn..i need to forget the router and everyhting

also if i want to change the dhcp lease settings i need ot forget the router ...well it seems that oc200 can work as dhcp server also right?anyway the possibility to access to ruoter for me it is very important

what do you think about?

thanks

ok i have discovered that i can setup vpn from omada controller..actually it seems i really don t need to login in the router, a part of some major problem, for example a troubleshooting may be.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 84

Replies: 4

Related Articles