I need to know what to buy.. To secure Network and IoT but with this possibility :

I need to know what to buy.. To secure Network and IoT but with this possibility :

2024-07-08 11:51:58 - last edited 2024-07-16 18:08:25

Hello.

I want to separate my IoT and domotic objetcs (Home Assistant, wifi bulbs, Tuya, Alexa...)  from my Laptops, desktops, and perhaps phones

I understood i need to create VLANS

But I want to be able to connect my phone to my computer OR some IoT objetcs.

I want to manage my HomeAssistant from my computer.

So, i will need to have the possibility to communicate Inter VLANS for some devices... and be able to configure everything.

What do i need to buy, to do this.  At lower price, because i'm not a company, it's for SOHO use.  

Can you give me TPLINK references and the exact use of each parts. 

Sorry for bad englisH.

Thanks

TP-Link User... Camera - Plug - Switch
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:I need to know what to buy.. To secure Network and IoT but with this possibility :-Solution
2024-07-11 01:37:30 - last edited 2024-07-16 18:08:25

Hi @J-C.G. 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

J-C.G. wrote

@J-C.G. 

Thank you very much for your answer.

Ok, i understand that 3 devices are better, and more convenient if we want some future evolution.

Something is not very clear in my mind :

If I have 3 VLAN, all separate, it will be with OMADA software that i can say :

Devices from VLAN 2 CAN'T CONNECT To Devices from VLAN 1 - EXCEPT The Raspberry In VLAN 2 who can communicate to Admin PC in VLAN 1 ?

The configuration of the connections between VLANS and Devices can be done Device by devicce, for each VLAN in every ways without limitations ?

(and all this even if i don't use Layer 3 switches ?)

Thank you.

IP-Port ACL is now only available on the L2+ and L3 switches. Switch ACL.

For the IP-Port ACL on Gateway ACL, it will be some time before we add it.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/omada-software-controller/#Emulators

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:I need to know what to buy.. To secure Network and IoT but with this possibility :
2024-07-09 01:42:06

Hi @J-C.G. 

Separate, do you you mean that using different subnet segments?

Do you require a block between the different segments?

Give this a try:

How to Set Up VLAN Interface on the Omada Router

If this is what you need, pick up the Omada products and that's it. Start with the basic models and look up their prices. See if you can accept a whole solution setup.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:I need to know what to buy.. To secure Network and IoT but with this possibility :
2024-07-09 05:09:43 - last edited 2024-07-09 05:11:28

@J-C.G. 

If you want it cheap, you need this.

Router : ER605v2

Switch : SG2008P

AP       : EAP610.

you can run everything stand alone but I recommend that you use a controller, the easiest then is the OC200

Alternatively, you can use a router with built-in WiFi, then you really only need this.

Router : ER706W

Options
2024-07-09 16:29:19

@J-C.G. 

I was thinking about this products :

ER7212PC   with   

2 x  EAP615-Wall or similar reference of WiFi Access Point from TP Link

(VLAN with 1 EAP for IOT and domotic  WiFi, another VLAN with the 2nd EAP for Laptops and Phone WiFi)

Main Desktop will be connected directly by Ethernet to the ER7212PC

1) Can you confirm it will be possible to make InterVlan communications between the Main Desktop PC and some domotic devices (for mainytenance only) 

2) Can you confirm it will be possible to access Domotic Interface with mobile phone too, if i give access only to this particular phone 

All this without Layer 3 switches, because expensive... I read on the internet something like "Router On A Stick" function.

thanks

Options
2024-07-10 01:24:04

Hi @J-C.G. 

J-C.G. wrote

@J-C.G. 

I was thinking about this products :

ER7212PC   with   

2 x  EAP615-Wall or similar reference of WiFi Access Point from TP Link

(VLAN with 1 EAP for IOT and domotic  WiFi, another VLAN with the 2nd EAP for Laptops and Phone WiFi)

Main Desktop will be connected directly by Ethernet to the ER7212PC

1) Can you confirm it will be possible to make InterVlan communications between the Main Desktop PC and some domotic devices (for mainytenance only) 

2) Can you confirm it will be possible to access Domotic Interface with mobile phone too, if i give access only to this particular phone 

All this without Layer 3 switches, because expensive... I read on the internet something like "Router On A Stick" function.

thanks

I would recommend the MR.S's suggestion.

A dedicated Controller + router. The ER7212PC is limited in performance and not suitable for the potential expansion of your network. If you plan to expand in the future, that may be troublesome as the ER7212PC has a limit on the adoption of AP or switch.

For the router + OC, possible to both.

Options
2024-07-10 13:21:17

@J-C.G. 

Ok, i understand that 3 devices are better, and more convenient if we want some future evolution.

Devices from VLAN 2 CAN'T CONNECT To Devices from VLAN 1 - EXCEPT The Raspberry In VLAN 2 who can communicate to Admin PC in VLAN 1 ?

The configuration of the connections between VLANS and Devices can be done Device by devicce, for each VLAN in every ways without limitations ?

Thank you.

Options
Re:I need to know what to buy.. To secure Network and IoT but with this possibility :-Solution
2024-07-11 01:37:30 - last edited 2024-07-16 18:08:25

Hi @J-C.G. 

J-C.G. wrote

@J-C.G. 

Thank you.

IP-Port ACL is now only available on the L2+ and L3 switches. Switch ACL.

For the IP-Port ACL on Gateway ACL, it will be some time before we add it.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/omada-software-controller/#Emulators

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 358

Replies: 6

Related Articles