Accessing a site-to-site VPN through a remote VPN

2024-07-18 16:16:26 - last edited 2024-07-19 16:32:16
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.5 Build 20240522 Rel.75860

Greetings everyone,

I've been facing this difficulty for a long time now. I have a Client-to-LAN VPN using OpenVPN and 2 IPsec tunnels for site-to-site.

My difficulty is, when I'm connected to OpenVPN, I can't access other LAN that are connected to through VPNs with IPsec. For example:

Site A (Headquarters):

LAN: 192.168.1.1/24

Here I have the OpenVPN server running and the IPsec tunnels set as responders

Site B (Branch):

LAN: 192.168.0.1/24

Here I have the IPsec set as the initiator

Site C (Branch)

LAN: 192.168.2.1/24

The IPsec is also set as initiator

Maybe I misconfigured something, they might be working, but not in the way I need. I've already managed to make this configuration work on routers from another brand, but I can't get it to work on TP-link, this is my first time making advanced setups on a TP-link router. 

Please, I require your help in resolving this problem of mine.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Accessing a site-to-site VPN through a remote VPN-Solution
2024-07-19 01:57:40 - last edited 2024-07-19 16:32:16

Hi @Clicker6358 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Something similar to this?

How to Configure WireGuard to Enable Client to Access Remote IPsec Site

I hope this might shine some light on your setup.

Update:

Found it:

How to configure PPTP/L2TP/OpenVPN Client to access peer server through site-to-site VPN using business router

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Accessing a site-to-site VPN through a remote VPN-Solution
2024-07-19 01:57:40 - last edited 2024-07-19 16:32:16

Hi @Clicker6358 

Update:

Found it:

How to configure PPTP/L2TP/OpenVPN Client to access peer server through site-to-site VPN using business router

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Accessing a site-to-site VPN through a remote VPN
2024-07-19 08:16:13

Hi @Clive_A 

Thank you very much for the quick response. I will test the settings you suggested and as soon as I have a result, I will give feedback.

Options
Re:Accessing a site-to-site VPN through a remote VPN
2024-07-19 16:40:29 - last edited 2024-07-19 16:41:04

Clive_A wrote

Hi @Clicker6358 

Update:

Found it:

Hi @Clive_A 

Just tested this How to configure PPTP/L2TP/OpenVPN Client to access peer server through site-to-site VPN using business router and it's working 100%.

Thank you so much!! 

Options